#31 | Ederson - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never think he’s going to save one but that is based on nothing other than my *feeling* that he’s too relaxed to save one. That said, no one was saving any of those pens today

He’s not been great for 18 months but there are 7 others that could/should be replaced before him. But he needs to get back to the standards he set himself

His usefulness is all about his quick distribution and passing but it looks like this has been sussed a bit now so not as effective. He has never been a great shot stopper for me but it seems like that’s not the main requirement of a keeper nowadays.

We had around 80% possession today and he faved 3 penalties which were perfectly taken

He may have his faults, but they had nothing to do with the today

Keepers aren’t supposed to save penalties, it’s heavily weighted towards the attacker for a reason. We don’t suffer sustained pressure in games so he rarely has anything to do and when he does have something to do we’re usually badly exposed and the attacker is under no pressure at all and can pick his spot. That’s why he doesn’t make many saves. Ederson is a top class goalkeeper and a world class Pep goalkeeper, there’s zero problem with him.

Would like to see how Steffen gets on against Burnley. Actual competition may be good for Ederson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.