Ederson and Jesus cleared to play (Pg 63)

Have you a link? I've only seen that Brazil have asked FIFA to invoke the ban, but haven't seen a report saying FIFA have actually done so. Some headlines are reporting FIFA invoked the ban but then the story says different, crap journalism.

A link to what? Multiple outlets saying the rule has been invoked? It's the same media that you're reading.
I think that until it is confirmed on the FIFA website or via official FIFA sources, then it is just an assumption that the rule has been triggered and approved. I would have expected that any rule triggered by a signatory would need to be upheld by the organisation responsible for the rules, and I don't see that anywhere. So as it stands, to me, we have no confirmation that the players are officially banned yet.

Unless the rules just let any old national FA to do what they want and interpret competition rules whichever way they desire.

It should be considered also that at this very moment in Doha, FIFA are discussing the international match calendar. Brazil are flexing their muscles it seems.

Apparently we can take this to CAS and then the players are free to play until the case is heard

Even if we end up losing, by the time the players are suspended, at least we'd have Steffen plus the likes of Foden and KDB available to step in

What puzzles me about Brazil is why they were so anxious for PL-based players to turn up when they called off the match with Argentina because of the presence of PL-based players who had travelled from a red zone (England).

If Brazil continue with this line I can see more of their players in the future either dumping International football or opting for Portuguese/Italian/Spanish nationality.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.