Ederson Moraes - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Allison coming to the Premier League should be some huge motivation for Eddie in this coming season.

He's got a platform to outshine the guy who kept him out of the national team, and while he had a very good debut season, I think he could potentially do a lot better - last season lacked the jaw dropping saves he pulled out regularly for Benfica, and you'd expect him to improve after a season of finding his feet, learning the language, getting to know the opposition etc.

Allison coming to the Premier League should be some huge motivation for Eddie in this coming season.

He's got a platform to outshine the guy who kept him out of the national team, and while he had a very good debut season, I think he could potentially do a lot better - last season lacked the jaw dropping saves he pulled out regularly for Benfica, and you'd expect him to improve after a season of finding his feet, learning the language, getting to know the opposition etc.

Problem is we concede so few shots that he rarely has the opportunity to show how good he is with his hands. Can't think of many goals we conceded last season where he could've done better.

Problem is we concede so few shots that he rarely has the opportunity to show how good he is with his hands. Can't think of many goals we conceded last season where he could've done better.
Sky did a quick comparison against Joe yesterday and I think the stats state he made just 2 mistakes that led to a goal (4 for Joe in half the games :( ). Unless they want the defence to stand back and have potshots at him I don't think you're likely to see too many saves.

They also had him at 85% pass completion which is pretty damned good for a goalie, Joe was at 44%...

Poor comparisons really. Would have twice as much to do or probably more at West Ham than here. Plus yes we know he's brilliant with his feet but the percentage thing means very little as at West Ham most kicks would be lumps forward and Ederson plays loads of nice easy little passage at the back in our team.

Poor comparisons really. Would have twice as much to do or probably more at West Ham than here. Plus yes we know he's brilliant with his feet but the percentage thing means very little as at West Ham most kicks would be lumps forward and Ederson plays loads of nice easy little passage at the back in our team.
Possibly but the 4 mistakes in around half the games versus Edersons 2 shouldn't be affected by where he's playing at.

Ederson is the best keeper in the world for our system - with maybe 3 or 4 other contenders for a close 2nd best- that we were able to sign him speaks volumes to Pep's acumen at identifying young, undervalued talent that perfectly fits how we want to play.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.