Ederson Moraes

Status
Not open for further replies.
No way did we overpay for Bravo in terms of the market. Nobody including Pep could have believed he could be that shite.
Again the 30 odd Million we are spending on Ederson will easily be eclipsed if either of those guys get sold over the next couple of years.
At 23 if he settles in it will be money well spent down the line. On the other hand if he is another Bravo !!!!
But don't rule out Bravo. Was he a bad player when he won the Champions League and league title at Barcelona. You can't fluke it that level over two seasons. A great player had a very bad season at City, but I expect him to recover and go on and be a favourite with City fans.

The money we're paying for him is absolutely ridiculous tbh. First we paid an absolutely absurd amount for Bravo who was 33, now we're paying Neuer and De Gea money combined for a keeper who is far far less proven than even DdG, let alone Neuer who was already world-class when signing for Bayern.

Txiki determined to make sure we can never sell a player and make money.
Pep Guardiola's judgement or some fucking Wierdo's? Hmm tough call that one

Some people are never happy. The deal is going to be slightly higher due to the fact 3rd parties are involved (see mangala fee)

If we sign him and bravo gains confidence as a number 2 then good. Still going to command a fee for Hart yet.

Market developed a lot since then. Wasn't De Gea rumoured to be priced at 60m £ if Real wanted him?

I get that, I'm just saying you're destroying the record for a goalie who was not known as a super prospect, doesn't have loads of top-level experience for a 23 year old and hasn't been capped by a country with a weakness at his position. Let's look at keeper signings from the last few years:

Ter-Stegen to Barcelona: Germany international, big-name prospect, 127 apps for Gladbach, 22 years old and he went for 12 million euro in 2014.
Oblak to Atletico: Slovenia international, big-name prospect but less experience than Ederson (although both played for Benfica), 21 years old and went for 16 million in 2014.
Lloris to Spurs: France #1, well-known world-class keeper, 25 years old when signing, 10 million euro in 2012.

The money being touted for Ederson isn't in the same realm as similar and more accomplished keepers, even if the market has changed. Don't get me wrong, I think he'll be very good, but my main problem is Txiki's transfers almost always seem like an overpay and then we have a hard time shifting players even for a hugely reduced price.

No way Ederson will go straight into the first eleven for PL and CL games. I ensure you

lol, just stop your rubbish dude.
no way City pay 30+ million just to sit on the bench.
Bravo will be backup keeper, just like Willy before he came.

The money we're paying for him is absolutely ridiculous tbh. First we paid an absolutely absurd amount for Bravo who was 33, now we're paying Neuer and De Gea money combined for a keeper who is far far less proven than even DdG, let alone Neuer who was already world-class when signing for Bayern.

Txiki determined to make sure we can never sell a player and make money.
Absolute claptrap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.