Edin Dzeko (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didsbury Dave said:
BlueTG said:
I've criticised him a lot on here, and I'll stand by the belief that it was deserved at times, but I can't help but like him a fucking lot more this season. He's had a lot more consistent periods when he's played, he's in his highest scoring season for us with hopefully some more crucial goals to come, and once again he's helped tear the rags apart with two goals. Add to that he's looked a lot happier this season.

As a confidence player, Pellegrini has managed him superbly. When he's had his bad games he's invariably kept him in the side to play his way back into form. Dzeko has benefitted from a pile of injuries to our forwards, but overall he's had a good season. I was really pleased for him the other night. He deserved it.

The other night, one of the pundits said, that out of the 20goals he's scored so far, 18 have been whilst starting.
Not sure if that's correct, but nevertheless interesting.

pudge said:
Can someone who has watched City for 50 years post the leading scorers each league winning year please?

Or tell me how nice he is?
He's nice.
Neil Young in 1968
Sergio Aguero in 2012
Probably Yaya if we get it this year.
Don't know who got it in 37

In 1937 the leading scorer when we won the league was Peter Doherty who scored 30. The next year he got 23 and then 17. Sadly the team was then disbanded for the War.

I never saw him play however my father reckoned that it was between Peter Doherty and Colin Bell as to who was our greatest ever player.

kismet said:
In 1937 the leading scorer when we won the league was Peter Doherty who scored 30. The next year he got 23 and then 17. Sadly the team was then disbanded for the War.

I never saw him play however my father reckoned that it was between Peter Doherty and Colin Bell as to who was our greatest ever player.
billy Meredith,peter Doherty ,colin bell,ya ya toure

kismet said:

off topic but my grandad always said Doherty and my dad always said Bell, but about a month ago he said to me Silva might now be the best he has seen

good shouts on Meredith and who knows in years to come how we will look back on Yaya and Silva.

I agree with another thread that asked if Silva is the best since Bell, I think he is.

aguero93:20 said:
pudge said:
Can someone who has watched City for 50 years post the leading scorers each league winning year please?

Or tell me how nice he is?
He's nice.
Neil Young in 1968
Sergio Aguero in 2012
Probably Yaya if we get it this year.
Don't know who got it in 37

He's sugar and spice (but in a masculine way, er)
Doherty scored 30 (league only) .
Young scored 20 (league only).
Aguero scored 23 (league only).
Yaya has 17 (league only) so far.

[bigimg]http://i.imgur.com/i2sOvu7.jpg[/bigimg]

<a class="postlink" href="http://vimeo.com/90134329" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://vimeo.com/90134329</a>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.