Edin Dzeko (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
dronefromsector7g said:
He plays like he's already been told he's got a new club in the summer.

That's why I don't get MP picking him to start, I was convinced on way down that he was the one player I was sure wouldn't be in XI. Strange choice.

I have defended Dzeko for as long as I can, but today was about as bad as it can get. I have watched the game back twice now and difficult to find one single redeeming aspect that he did all game. Quite simply, he is not a big game player. He might have bits of magic from time to time, but even as a 4th choice striker (assuming Sergio, beast and Jov are all fit), then he just does not cut it anymore.

His control and vision - for a team now completely obsessed (quite rightly) by possession, aint good enough. For what we are paying him, I would rather have Michu or even (dare I say it) carroll.

Sorry Edin. I hope you can change my mind back again before the end of the season.

Just not good enough!!! He did fuck all today and I hardly knew he was on the pitch!!!! Not the type of player we need to get us where we want to go and STAY!!!!

bluesimon said:
I have defended Dzeko for as long as I can, but today was about as bad as it can get. I have watched the game back twice now and difficult to find one single redeeming aspect that he did all game. Quite simply, he is not a big game player. He might have bits of magic from time to time, but even as a 4th choice striker (assuming Sergio, beast and Jov are all fit), then he just does not cut it anymore.

His control and vision - for a team now completely obsessed (quite rightly) by possession, aint good enough. For what we are paying him, I would rather have Michu or even (dare I say it) carroll.

Sorry Edin. I hope you can change my mind back again before the end of the season.

I have to agree. Should have been pulled off early in the second half. OK everyone can have a poor game, but his work rate and general 'putting himself about'--- was pathetic. But hey, the wife reckons he has cheeky buttocks. So that's ok I suppose.

bluesimon said:

I'd rather have bony than dzeko, class player.

robinho ho ho said:
get off the lads back...... i dont think he had a particular good game today, but there again neither did sergio.....

Dzeko is the best third striker in the premiership and would walk into any other team in that league..... i think he is a great asset for the club.. He wants to play and trains hard, and never moans if he starts sub he is a real squad player.......

Some of you have obviously never watched city when Stuart Pearce was in charge, Dzeko is miles better than some of the strikers we have had over the years

Sergio is just back from injury..... Dzeko is bobbins. (in case you hadn't noticed Pearce left a bit back.... We've moved on and need the quality players to improve)

He is likely to go in the summer he has scored some important goals for us dont see the point in slating him any more

A poor performance from him and hasn't done his chances of becoming a starter in the remaining games any good. Still as long as he is a City player he is going to get my backing.

Nope. That's it for me.

Aguero, after a month out and no competitive minutes under his belt, did more than Dzeko today.

And Aguero was a bit shit.

That's it for me. Not going to slag the guy but that's enough, if a cup final isn't enough for you to put a shift in, then fuck off.

Dzeko has had plenty of chances , but hes finished at city now , move him on in the summer , not a team player and not interested in our club , thanks and goodbye edin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.