Edin Dzeko (contract update page 370)

Re: Edin Dzeko legend

EaglesFan said:
pudge said:
EaglesFan said:
Dzeko bashers need to remember something:

If it wasnt for Edin Dzeko, this year's title race would be over already as that 6 point gap between us and rags would be at least 12.

Watch the highlights on OS, they are quite telling.

When he leaves (hopefully not soon) you'll get your wish. But be careful what you wish for. I'm done with this shit, really.
Yes, watch the highlights of yesterdays game as well, they are quite telling.

Not a flicker from Edin when Yaya scores, and the overall effort of a sloth when he came on.

O - I have no problem discussing his state of mind, as he clearly was not a happy camper yesterday, and that was obvious to anyone...

But I am sick of people just magnifying every mistake he makes, while not saying shit when Kun and Tevez do the same thing multiple times a game...

As for his attitude - I'm hoping he just had a really bad day, like his girlfriend cheated on him or something :-)

-- Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:22 pm --

pudge said:
EaglesFan said:
Dzeko bashers need to remember something:

If it wasnt for Edin Dzeko, this year's title race would be over already as that 6 point gap between us and rags would be at least 12.

Watch the highlights on OS, they are quite telling.

When he leaves (hopefully not soon) you'll get your wish. But be careful what you wish for. I'm done with this shit, really.
Yes, watch the highlights of yesterdays game as well, they are quite telling.

Not a flicker from Edin when Yaya scores, and the overall effort of a sloth when he came on.

-- Dec 16th, '12, 11:19 --

EaglesFan said:
Except for yesterday, when was the last time we had the lead while they (Sergio and Tevez) were playing as strike partners? Games are won at the end, yes. But usually someone comes in and does the job they fail to do together. You dont want to see it, it doesnt mean its not there.
Norwich, Wolves, West Brom, United during the six game run in last season.

That's just off the top of my head though

See - that is exactly the problem. Kun and Tevez right now are living off the fame from last season. THIS SEASON their performance is very AVERAGE mate.
But it's ok to bring up Dzeko's goal at Notts County every week?

I think you guys are over-analyzing the body language. He was pissed off when Aguero didn't pass him the ball. Mancini seems content with his play from yesterday:

"We have Edin (Dzeko) as well who was important for us today because he kept the ball when he came on."

BosnianDiamond said:
I think you guys are over-analyzing the body language. He was pissed off when Aguero didn't pass him the ball. Mancini seems content with his play from yesterday:

"We have Edin (Dzeko) as well who was important for us today because he kept the ball when he came on."
When?

Do you mean when Dzeko played it to Aguero and then sauntered his way into the Newcastle half while Sergio ran at 2 defenders with no help?

pudge said:
BosnianDiamond said:

When?

Do you mean when Dzeko played it to Aguero and then sauntered his way into the Newcastle half while Sergio ran at 2 defenders with no help?
If you don't think there was a goal scoring pass to be made there, then you know fuck all about football. Yes, Dzeko doesn't have Aguero's pace, but by the time the ball was passed he would have been there to put it in the back of the net, just like against West Brom.

BosnianDiamond said:
pudge said:
BosnianDiamond said:

When?

If you don't think there was a goal scoring pass to be made there, then you know fuck all about football. Yes, Dzeko doesn't have Aguero's pace, but by the time the ball was passed he would have been there to put it in the back of the net, just like against West Brom.
Dzeko gave up on that chance

You know what was a better goal scoring opportunity?

When Dzeko passed it to Coloccini instead of Aguero, who would have been there to put it into the back of the net.

pudge said:
BosnianDiamond said:
pudge said:
When?

When Dzeko passed it to Coloccini instead of Aguero, who would have been there to put it into the back of the net.
At least Dzeko tried to make the pass, unlike Kun

BosnianDiamond said:
pudge said:
BosnianDiamond said:

At least Dzeko tried to make the pass, unlike Kun
That's arguable

He seemed disinterested and again got muscled off the ball twice really easily, and has had that bad pass at the end, but it seems like that is all people want to talk about, his hold up play yesterday was pretty good for my liking and his helping out in the defense was quite useful don't you agree...before that awful pass to colocini he did have a bright moment when he chested it down and passed it nicely forward for sergio I think who did nothing with it...

No17 said:
He seemed disinterested and again got muscled off the ball twice really easily, and has had that bad pass at the end, but it seems like that is all people want to talk about, his hold up play yesterday was pretty good for my liking and his helping out in the defense was quite useful don't you agree...before that awful pass to colocini he did have a bright moment when he chested it down and passed it nicely forward for sergio I think who did nothing with it...

That's exactly what I said earlier.

No17 said:

I agree with this, if he wasn't interested he wouldn't track back.
We currently play to aguero and tevez strengths. We do not and never have played to dzeko's
Strengths ie crosses, through balls, over the top balls.
It's all tippy tappy which is great if we get an early goal like yesterday. If not
Then you always need a plan b.
I agree aguero doesn't seem the same player he seems to be short of something he
May be carrying an injury as doesn't seem to have that blistering pace.

Dzeko needs to be the number 1 front man to get the best out of him but doubt he will ever get that under mancini.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.