Edin Dzeko (contract update page 370)

Re: Edin Dzeko legend

The ultimate aim of a striker is to score and my dads list does not include some great goal scorers before his time such as Meredith , Johnson, Gillespie and Roberts. Of those he has listed their goal scoring records are -

Eric Brook played 450 times for City and scored 158
Tilson - 264 - 110
Doherty 133 - 81

Hayes 363 - 152
Johnstone 124 - 42

Lee 248 - 112
Summerbee 357 - 47
Young 334 - 86
Bell 394 - 117

Tueart 224 - 86

Tevez 93 - 55
Aguerro 48 - 30
Dzeko 58 - 22

The first batch of strikers helped City win 2 trophies , the FA Cup and the League Championship. Sadly the start of the war brought to an end the great run. The second group Hayes and Johnnstone got us to 2 FA cups with us winning 1.

The four from the great 69 team led us to 5 trophies and again the League Championship.

Tueart won us the League Cup together with his team mates in 76.

The final and current 3 have won us three trophies and again the League Championship for only our third time in over a hundred years. You cannot underestimate therefore the role that Tev, Sergio and Edin achieved in such a short space of time and who knows what else they may go onto win. Edin's role has been crucial, the late FA Cup equaliser away at Notts, the 4 in the destruction of Spurs, crucial goals in the narrow wins over Wigan, Bolton, QPR away, the 2 in the thrashing of UTD at OT and critically the equaliser at home to QPR. All day long we had been punting balls into the box to no avail until Edin came on. HIs goal was the crucial one, it gave us hope.

So whatever you may think, the goals of Edin Dzeko were crucial and will be forever remembered in the history of MCFC.

Ska that's a good point. He has scored 20 goals in 51 games, but a number of those have been penalties, some crucial eg against Spurs. He was MOM in the FA Cup Final and was the foundation of the 6-1 drubbing of United. Absolutely gifted talent but missed a good proportion of our title winning season due to suspension.

I guess the jury is still out on Mario and his best may be yet to come.

However, you make a fair point.

Bosno said:
Dzeko played like shit again, cost us the game.

He was shit, but, was not the reason for the loss.

If Edin is not happy, he should follow Adam and go somewhere where he can play regularly. His body language and movement on the field are obviously negative, he is just a complete waste, doing nothing for the team or himself...

footballfan2345 said:
Bosno said:
Dzeko played like shit again, cost us the game.

He was shit, but, was not the reason for the loss.

If Edin is not happy, he should follow Adam and go somewhere where he can play regularly. His body language and movement on the field are obviously negative, he is just a complete waste, doing nothing for the team or himself...

In 23 minutes, Dzeko touched the ball three times by my count. The manager has no more clue how to utilize Dzeko than my pet cats.

Blue Heaven said:
In 23 minutes, Dzeko touched the ball three times by my count. The manager has no more clue how to utilize Dzeko than my pet cats.

Couple of average passes, one weak shot and one incredibly poor attempt to receive the ball. Striker that has a ball bounce of him few meters when on the edge of the box is either shit or not concentrating enough. I don't think Edin is shit.

The "manager" usually uses Edin to get out of trouble in second half's, "manager" is not going to change half the team and playing style to suit a substitute.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.