Edin Dzeko (contract update page 370)

Re: Edin Dzeko legend

For me the best combo is Kun and Edin.

Neither play that well on their own up front.

Tevez and Balo are better solo strikers. Balo because he holds it up better and Carlos because he harrasses the defenders.

When Carlos and Kun play together neither seems to have enough space to work in.

Edin is imo the best finisher at the club. But, he does need the ball played in front of him, definitely not to his feet with his back to goal, which is what usually happens because most of this season we have taken an eternity to get the ball to our forwards.

Imo this slowness in getting the ball to our forwards and allowing our opponents to get 11 men behind the ball is the reason why all our strikers have struggled this season

de niro said:
he's a great player, said before that we dont play to his stregnths and it does him no favours. yesterday he showed what he can do and i'm really pleased.
i was talking to a guy in the complete angler and said at least rdin is starting, he pulled his face and said he's no good :) to be fair he can look lazy but its just his way. class player.[/quote]

Nooooooooooooooooooooo villhem.

r.soleofsalford said:
Edin is imo the best finisher at the club. But, he does need the ball played in front of him, definitely not to his feet with his back to goal, which is what usually happens because most of this season we have taken an eternity to get the ball to our forwards.

Imo this slowness in getting the ball to our forwards and allowing our opponents to get 11 men behind the ball is the reason why all our strikers have struggled this season

This.

If we're able (and we saw it yesterday that we are) to send a fast through ball in front of our strikers, they definitely wouldn't struggle.

He was brilliant yesterday.

But...

How is it any different when people start with the 'I told you so' comments and say things like 'he's the best striker we have' (which is a valid opinion tbf) after one game.

To when others say the opposite after he plays poorly in one game?

wayne71 said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Well done Edin today.

I look forward to seeing your performance later....

I bet that hurt ;)
No because St Helens Blue is a supporter of Manchester City Football Club and wants the players to do well.

pudge said:

But...

How is it any different when people start with the 'I told you so' comments and say things like 'he's the best striker we have' (which is a valid opinion tbf) after one game.

Best finisher when we give him the right kind of service and I've said this consistently

r.soleofsalford said:
pudge said:

But...

Best finisher when we give him the right kind of service and I've said this consistently
People have always rated him, but there is a fair share of 'I have told you so' comments after yesterday's performance.

How are they any different to negative comments after a bad game?

pudge said:
r.soleofsalford said:
pudge said:

But...

People have always rated him, but there is a fair share of 'I have told you so' comments after yesterday's performance.

How are they any different to negative comments after a bad game?

Some on this forum have constantly snipped about various players being shit.

I believe we have an unbelievable squad of gifted players. The only reason certain players haven't played well is because of either lack odd confidence, being played out of position or not receiving the services to get the best out of them. The biggest problem for all our strikers has been the time it takes US to move the ball from our defense to our attackers. Yesterday was a breath of fresh air

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.