Edin Dzeko (contract update page 370)

Re: Edin Dzeko legend

santasa said:
noise said:
pudge said:
He was brilliant yesterday.

But...

How is it any different when people start with the 'I told you so' comments and say things like 'he's the best striker we have' (which is a valid opinion tbf) after one game.

To when others say the opposite after he plays poorly in one game?
That's kind of a broad question.

Generally there are multiple types of posts after a game in which Dzeko doesn't score. It ranges from: he's shite, should never start, doesn't have a first touch to be in the team, only good as a sub, he's a scarecrow.. to just had a bad game.

Criticizing his performance is fine, but talking shit about such a player is often not warranted.

To those who have followed Dzeko for awhile (before MCFC) we know Dzeko is top class. Dzeko has yet to fit in MCFC like he did in Wolfsburg. He's lethal with a proper partnership. Simply a goal scoring and assist machine, impossible to shut down (when everything is firing on all cylinders).

Once a Ballon d'Or short lister sometimes I can't believe the abuse he gets on these forums. Admittedly he does get a lot of praise as well, when he scores.

Days like yesterday is when it clicks. You saw the glimpse of that same class that broke records in Bundesliga.

But honestly he didn't play that different from how he usually plays, he had his usual share of missed passes, and bad touches in the 2nd half. The only difference is he got service. As someone who closely watches Dzeko when we play. I can probably go back trough the footage and show you dozens of moments, this season where Dzeko is in the same exact position as he is when Aguero hesitantly passes him the ball for the 2nd goal yesterday.

Wide open, already knows where to strike it, but no service. Felix Magath has said this about him: "Dzeko knows where to strike the ball before he gets it."

This is why his goals look like tap ins. It's because he's made up his mind 10 seconds ago.

A shame seeing such a player on the bench. Unselfish, clinical, smart, able to score with head, both feet. And then gets the hate for not receiving proper service.

Don't get me wrong, he's not a perfect player. He has his share of flaws. He is a different kind of player.

As complete players go I think Aguero and even Tevez are better, but as a striker I think Dzeko is the best we have. And we haven't even unlocked his full potential. I am pretty sure he would be the leagues top scorer if we did.

One of those concise and insightful articles, when writer hits the nail in the head !.........

cringe

I like Edin, he is down to earth and seemingly everything i look for in a player regardless of position.

Obviously he doesn't like the bench but no bitching of him, his interviews have reflected as such.
He works hard and as mentioned deadly when you have it right for him.

Now that sounds like everything needs to be setup to help him and i do not mean it to come across that way at all.
He is still capable as he has shown but have someone cutting back from the line a lot and he would imo be there or there abouts top scorer season in season out.

He reads the game as good as your Sherringhams etc and knows where the goal is.

I wish on the odd occasion he would use his strength more though, Yaya said it himself that Edin is a big tough fucker when asked about his physical size.

All in all i think he is brilliant and underated sadly by to many blues imo.

He's brilliant if you're drinking wine

Bang ravage if you're sober

staying sober

CityCTID said:
He's brilliant if you're drinking wine

Bang ravage if you're sober

staying sober

You drink mutherfucker, you drink this wine here is good for you hic

You...YOU...you don't even know (hic)

4fc773684b71d.png

I rate him pretty highly, even disregarding some of the fellas who "played" for us and the "it was bad then you dunno your born lad" mentality.
Not many better around imo.

santasa said:
noise said:
pudge said:
He was brilliant yesterday.

But...

How is it any different when people start with the 'I told you so' comments and say things like 'he's the best striker we have' (which is a valid opinion tbf) after one game.

To when others say the opposite after he plays poorly in one game?
That's kind of a broad question.

Generally there are multiple types of posts after a game in which Dzeko doesn't score. It ranges from: he's shite, should never start, doesn't have a first touch to be in the team, only good as a sub, he's a scarecrow.. to just had a bad game.

Criticizing his performance is fine, but talking shit about such a player is often not warranted.

To those who have followed Dzeko for awhile (before MCFC) we know Dzeko is top class. Dzeko has yet to fit in MCFC like he did in Wolfsburg. He's lethal with a proper partnership. Simply a goal scoring and assist machine, impossible to shut down (when everything is firing on all cylinders).

Once a Ballon d'Or short lister sometimes I can't believe the abuse he gets on these forums. Admittedly he does get a lot of praise as well, when he scores.

Days like yesterday is when it clicks. You saw the glimpse of that same class that broke records in Bundesliga.

But honestly he didn't play that different from how he usually plays, he had his usual share of missed passes, and bad touches in the 2nd half. The only difference is he got service. As someone who closely watches Dzeko when we play. I can probably go back trough the footage and show you dozens of moments, this season where Dzeko is in the same exact position as he is when Aguero hesitantly passes him the ball for the 2nd goal yesterday.

Wide open, already knows where to strike it, but no service. Felix Magath has said this about him: "Dzeko knows where to strike the ball before he gets it."

This is why his goals look like tap ins. It's because he's made up his mind 10 seconds ago.

A shame seeing such a player on the bench. Unselfish, clinical, smart, able to score with head, both feet. And then gets the hate for not receiving proper service.

Don't get me wrong, he's not a perfect player. He has his share of flaws. He is a different kind of player.

As complete players go I think Aguero and even Tevez are better, but as a striker I think Dzeko is the best we have. And we haven't even unlocked his full potential. I am pretty sure he would be the leagues top scorer if we did.

One of those concise and insightful articles, when writer hits the nail in the head !

But I will add another dimension to the problems Dzeko facing throughout all his Premier league carrier - the English media, journalists, pundits and commentators of all kind.
I will remind you to just few of those authors & articles which are particularly representative for the nature of the relationship and for the way media take on "issue" called Dzeko.
Of course, some media, websites and authors are worst then others, while those rare exceptions really confirming the rule, but also show that something is truly fishy about this relationship between English media and Bosnian.
So, you have Goal.com, TribalFootball, The Transfer Tavern, Bleacher Report, among others as extreme Dzeko bashers, while mainstream press (with their on-line additions) are little bit more subtle but still with no fans of Dzeko among their ranks neither.

For example, last article that I read and that shows us what is going on in case "Media vs. Dzeko" is this
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ty-side-to-include-rumored-target-david-villa
unfair peace on Bleacher Report written by Joe K. in which author discussing possible David Villa transfer to City in January, and why is this excellent move, and how should team look & work with Villa. All this is more then OK except, while writing about City's attack and current form, formation, all the players, and Villa as new addition, author didn't mentioned Edin Dzeko in this large article at all, not once !?!? On my comment, he replied that he thinks Villa should fit much better with Tevez & Aguero because they all speak Spanish and Dzeko doesn't (!?!) - I simply couldn't believe what he just told me in his explanation. (You can read it your self, article & comments on provided link)

Or Richard Williams of Guardian with basically the same rant about attack in which Dzeko is weakest link or not mentioned at all !? They ignoring him like if he is infectious, plagued with some disease and cursed.
Then Alen Hansen who would rather die then subtract his previous statements about Dzeko.

Probably the most heinous article about Big D-Ed Dzeko, was incredible feat of sick envy and idiotic state of mind of one Ryan Smith, allegedly once promising Arsenal striker turned into hip-hop rapper/columnist, after he failed to impress even in MLS in US (!), and who showed incredible talent for racist and ethnic smear of Edin, even including Zlatan Ibrahimovic in his story on The Transfer Tavern in attempt to prove that Bosnians have at least one thing in common, beside the fact that these two are much less then average, they are ugly ! In that same article he also questioned Mourinho's and Antonio Conte's sanity, in very serious tone, because theses two are firm admirers of Dzeko, and Smith thinks they must be idiots.

And considering that Ed is already most underrated, and I'll dare to say most despised foreign player in English football in recent history, when media take on City attacking form, players & formation, with possible transfer of another striker, that's always quite provoking, in very negative way unfortunately.

I believe that Dzeko often really is victim of English prejudice against his Bosnian ethnicity, more often then a subject of decent professional criticism.

On the other end you will encounter, from time to time, some authors who are engaged in Dzekos' defence, and interestingly often in US sport media rather then English/British, with some of the most prominent and famous authors writing in Dzekos' favour, some of them truly fans of Edin, like Alex Woo and particularly Jonathan Wilson who is renown expert on East-European football, really expert par-excellence.
These several authors actually prove that something is really fishy in English media false critic of Dzeko talent, ability, and significance for Man City, and impact on team success.

Big d-Eddy
546185_10200312517595989_1141677478_n.jpg

Always who ?
14662_10200312672439860_1970081610_n.jpg
Alright fella, calm down. He is most definitely not the most despised player by the English media it's just that there isn't that big of a deal made out of him over here. Just try to be a bit more subjective because you sound mental.

Bloody hell, someone gets mad because of some bizarre article in even more bizarre footballtransvertravern... how the hell you landed on that site, never heard for it.

Goal.com, TribalFootball.com and Bleacherreport are not English media at all.

MSP said:
cvetan said:
Please don't drop him Mancini, he is in beast mode atm.

I'll see what I can do, Bobby usually appreciate my opinion.

Hehe, can you sort me some of that nice grub the reporters get given at our club to.
They get gruel at the swamp and we serve up nice grub.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.