Edin Dzeko? 'Edin Somwhere.

zangatangring said:
Andouble said:
zangatangring said:
Can you annotate a formation? I'm too "KFA" to propose one ;).

we'll get width from fullbacks and from midfielders drifting out occasionally ala Balo, Silva, Milner...that's why you hardly see any top teams play with true out-and-out wingers, they are too easy to defend against.

Very good point mate. However, what about Man UTd? I know we couldn't emulate them but Mancini stated a while back that he needs wingers. What d'ya reckon he meant by this?

there are exceptions, of course. Nani with that lot, Di Maria with Real...but are those the players you trust when the prizes are the biggest? Are they consistently whipping in crosses for Berbatov and Higuain to head home? It's almost folklore nowadays that wingers deliver devastating cross after devastating cross...Downing and Bale are superb crossers of the ball but the best wingers, like the 2 mentioned earlier, are more offensive than that. It's all about versatility and adapting in the final third, and whilst their trickery may work every once in a while, a lot of the time they are found out.

Wingers are luxury players. Johnson was brilliant early parts of last season, as he would cut inside more than ever and started contributing goals. Seemed to regress a bit after the injury IMO, but when he leaves the touchline he is a dangerous player.

All IMO of course. Just seems whenever we start a winger we aren't as dangerous as we are when we play 3 fluid attacking options. We aren't set up like Tottenham.

Andouble said:
zangatangring said:
Andouble said:
we'll get width from fullbacks and from midfielders drifting out occasionally ala Balo, Silva, Milner...that's why you hardly see any top teams play with true out-and-out wingers, they are too easy to defend against.

Very good point mate. However, what about Man UTd? I know we couldn't emulate them but Mancini stated a while back that he needs wingers. What d'ya reckon he meant by this?

there are exceptions, of course. Nani with that lot, Di Maria with Real...but are those the players you trust when the prizes are the biggest? Are they consistently whipping in crosses for Berbatov and Higuain to head home? It's almost folklore nowadays that wingers deliver devastating cross after devastating cross...Downing and Bale are superb crossers of the ball but the best wingers, like the 2 mentioned earlier, are more offensive than that. It's all about versatility and adapting in the final third, and whilst their trickery may work every once in a while, a lot of the time they are found out.

Wingers are luxury players. Johnson was brilliant early parts of last season, as he would cut inside more than ever and started contributing goals. Seemed to regress a bit after the injury IMO, but when he leaves the touchline he is a dangerous player.

All IMO of course. Just seems whenever we start a winger we aren't as dangerous as we are when we play 3 fluid attacking options. We aren't set up like Tottenham.

Agree with you completely in this. I'm just so worried about the fullbacks solely providing the crosses. Dzeko is my favourite player and I want him to flourish. Admittedly, our fullbacks (bar kolarov) aren't the best crossers of the ball. Hopefully, richards' newfound aspiration will solve this.

Ticket For Schalke said:
FFS can you not tell he's rag on a wind up. i spotted it in the week with the rest of us, you let your guard down, especially calling your team Man Utd ffs.

Are you talking about me?

zangatangring said:
Agree with you completely in this. I'm just so worried about the fullbacks solely providing the crosses. Dzeko is my favourite player and I want him to flourish. Admittedly, our fullbacks (bar kolarov) aren't the best crossers of the ball. Hopefully, richards' newfound aspiration will solve this.

I guess what me (and jjeangi with his 'ground balls' post) are trying to say is that, even without great crossers in fullbacks, Dzeko can still score a ton if we get the service from the midfield; any good crosses are obviously a huge bonus. Very few of his goals at Wolfsburg were from crosses, even though he is devastating in the air.

I think he'll score goals for fun this season.<br /><br />-- Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:40 pm --<br /><br />
Ticket For Schalke said:
FFS can you not tell he's rag on a wind up. i spotted it in the week with the rest of us, you let your guard down, especially calling your team Man Utd ffs.

Even if he was a United fan, I feel like this topic could still be discussed in a civilized manner.

Ticket For Schalke said:

I've had about enough of this. I didn't do anything discernibly wrong. People like you just crave a fight.... All I was doing was talking about Dzeko (even showering him with praise!) and you feel the need to vilify me. That's pathetic. You haven't even got any undeniable proof that I'm a Utd fan (which i'm not). Jeez, do the civilised thing like the other posters on this thread. Unbelievable.
Atoned for my mishaps even!

Andouble said:
zangatangring said:

I guess what me (and jjeangi with his 'ground balls' post) are trying to say is that, even without great crossers in fullbacks, Dzeko can still score a ton if we get the service from the midfield; any good crosses are obviously a huge bonus. Very few of his goals at Wolfsburg were from crosses, even though he is devastating in the air.

I think he'll score goals for fun this season.

-- Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:40 pm --

Ticket For Schalke said:

Even if he was a United fan, I feel like this topic could still be discussed in a civilized manner.
zangatangring said:
jjeangi said:
Service and/or fast build up play. :/

Edit: Strike partner helps.

What kind of service?

who says that mate, its not the problem he is a rag, prob is he prentends to be a blue.

zangatangring said:
Ticket For Schalke said:

I've had about enough of this. I didn't do anything discernibly wrong. People like you just crave a fight.... All I was doing was talking about Dzeko (even showering him with praise!) and you feel the need to vilify me. That's pathetic. You haven't even got any undeniable proof that I'm a Utd fan (which i'm not). Jeez, do the civilised thing like the other posters on this thread. Unbelievable.
i think you are a rag too, so much so i am going my keep my eye on you.everyone knows i dont mind rags on here if they are civil and they own up.

de niro said:
zangatangring said:
Ticket For Schalke said:

i think you are a rag too, so much so i am going my keep my eye on you.everyone knows i dont mind rags on here if they are civil and they own up.

Unbelievable..... This is a Dzeko thread.....

What on this thread even slightly insinuated all this?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.