Edin Dzeko? 'Edin Somwhere.

zangatangring

Edin Dzeko, the bosnian diamond. The towering 6 ft 5 inches of oxen muscle had a speculative debut season. Why? At Wolfsburg, his touch was softer than michael jackson's with a 5 year old kid. Last season, his touch was often like Michael Jackson with an adult woman. Untouched.

Please, don't minsinterpret this. I am one of the few ardent Dzeko fans who believes one of Europes best strikers is awakening. We have seen flashes of what he can do. His assist for Yaya Toure on his debut against wolves showed off his surprisingly succint passing ability. We've also seen sporadic flashes of his dribbling flair.

Dzeko has the potential to be the best target man in the premier league, hence, the world. Yes, I know Andy Carroll exists. Who? Defoe? OK, Dzeko has the potential to be the 2nd best target man in the world. His Aerial ability will reach new heights and his shots will have more vodka. It's ironic that his debut showed him showcase his talents, but we will see phenomenal goals from him.

His fate lies in Mancini's hands. How can we best utilise such a talent? New wingers so he can 'Ed-in some goals? Please, elaborate.

Edin Dzeko, give it a shot. You know where you're headed.

I wish I could find the statistic, it surfaced sometime late last season, but very, very few of Dzeko's goals at Wolfsburg were with his head. He doesn't need wingers flinging in crosses to score goals. Just needs service. Aguero will help with that, a full pre-season with Silva will help that, Nasri would help that. He'll come good.

Predominantly ground balls. Believe me crosses weren't even a main source of his wolfsburg goals.

jjeangi said:
Predominantly ground balls. Believe me crosses weren't even a main source of his wolfsburg goals.

Can you annotate a formation? I'm too "KFA" to propose one ;).

zangatangring said:
jjeangi said:

we'll get width from fullbacks and from midfielders drifting out occasionally ala Balo, Silva, Milner...that's why you hardly see any top teams play with true out-and-out wingers, they are too easy to defend against.

Andouble said:
zangatangring said:
jjeangi said:

we'll get width from fullbacks and from midfielders drifting out occasionally ala Balo, Silva, Milner...that's why you hardly see any top teams play with true out-and-out wingers, they are too easy to defend against.

Very good point mate. However, what about Man UTd? I know we couldn't emulate them but Mancini stated a while back that he needs wingers. What d'ya reckon he meant by this?

zangatangring said:
Andouble said:
zangatangring said:

Very good point mate. However, what about Man UTd? I know we couldn't emulate them but Mancini stated a while back that he needs wingers. What d'ya reckon he meant by this?
He said hardly, no?

jjeangi said:
zangatangring said:
Andouble said:

He said hardly, no?

Here's what he said.

‘I am 100 per cent sure we will see him at his best next season because we can build a team for him.

EDIT! This is very interesting....http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...Dzeko-need-Premier-League-goal-new-clubs.html He was the sixth fastest city player......
'I think Dzeko maybe needs wingers, some crosses. It is normal for new players to experience problems.’

what d'ya reckon mate?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.