Edin Dzeko: 'I will be much better in the new season'

MCFC BOB

Fred's Patio on me: "Mr. Self Appointed Lord of Wh
Manchester City striker Edin Dzeko has spoken of his relief that the club have gained automatic entry to the Champions League.

A 2-0 victory at Bolton cemented third place in the Barclays Premier League table for Roberto Mancini's side.

It means they do not have the inconvenience of having to play a qualifying match to reach the group stages of Europe's elite club competition.

The prospect of having to do that filled Dzeko with dread given the opposition they could face.

"If you know you can play against Bayern Munich in the qualification it is difficult," the former Wolfsburg striker told <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.mcfc.co.uk</a>.

"You have to be a little bit scared because you never know (what might happen). It is two games and you can lose everything in them.

"Now we will go directly into the group stage and that is fantastic. Manchester City wanted to be in the Champions League for the first time in their history. That was the aim and and we did it. I hope I helped in some way. Now we can enjoy our holiday."

After Joleon Lescott had opened the scoring, Dzeko extended City's lead in the 62nd minute with only his second league goal for the club following his £27million move in January.

The Bosnian's other strike was the winner against Blackburn at Ewood Park - and he has promised an improvement next season.

He said: "It was hard for me at the beginning. Maybe that is normal for new players. I think I will be much better in the new season when I have a pre-season with the team.

"I was happy to score again and it was an important goal. It is unbelievable when you have support like this from your fans and I want to thank them for the last five months."
<a class="postlink" href="http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/sport/football/manchester_city/s/1421517_edin-dzeko-plans-to-up-his-game-for-manchester-city-next-season?rss=yes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://menmedia.co.uk/manchesterevening ... on?rss=yes</a>

Freestyler said:
The people who've been watching him for as little as 4 months and writing him off so soon in england, we'll be eating their words next season.

Agreed. I've had moments of fearing for his future, but truth be told he's got just the right temperament to not let his struggles bother him too much. A full preseason is going to do the likes of Dzeko, Balo, Silva, and Yaya the absolute world of good...

Excited isn't even the word to describe how much I'm looking forward to next season...

BillyShears said:
Freestyler said:
The people who've been watching him for as little as 4 months and writing him off so soon in england, we'll be eating their words next season.

Agreed. I've had moments of fearing for his future, but truth be told he's got just the right temperament to not let his struggles bother him too much. A full preseason is going to do the likes of Dzeko, Balo, Silva, and Yaya the absolute world of good...

Excited isn't even the word to describe how much I'm looking forward to next season...
Exactly what I've been thinking mate. Matter of fact, everyone /should/ improve.
Even new signings will settle in better because of a proper preseason. Hopefully we sign them early

Both sides could potentially eat their own words, including Edin.

I want the guy to be a success, he comes across as a nice lad and will he be a success next season?
My money is on a Yes, but this is sport, he could get injured in training from a NDJ tackle and he's eventually on the same scrapyard as Owen Hardgraves.

He seems like a class human being, with some impressive skills. I'm worried that his first touch has looked a bit suspect and at times didn't look like he could trap a bag of cement.

Hopefully next season he'll concentrate more on his football than his "rap" career.

Professor+Green+Kid+UK+Film+Premiere+Outside+Z8jZ7tNsPFRl.jpg

Really hope he comes good next year, seems like a genuinely nice and hardworking type of guy. Don't think we need to sign a new striker if Tevez goes, but could see someone like Aguero being the perfect replacement if bobby felt it was necessary.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.