Edin Dzeko

GranthamBlue said:
Enjoying being a Blue said:
A model professional and person.

Dzeko is truly a great guy. A skillful worker and a dedicated City player.

But he is not a Tevez. City's mighty achivements last season were built on the foundation of one mighty player. If we count on Dzeko to fill his shoes then we will be sorely disappointed.

I hope I'm wrong.
Clearly not a City fan. Yes Tevez is a great player, our achievements were however not built on just Tevez. Notable games we played without Tevez were a 4-0 win against Aston Villa, an easy 2-0 stroll away at West Brom and of course a 1-0 win against Ushited in the FA cup semi-final. There were a couple of defeats (away at Chelsea and Wolves) but we are very effective without him as we've shown. Kompany, De Jong, Hart, Yaya and Silva (amongst many others) were all equally as important in our successes, and if it wasn't for Dzeko we wouldn't even have been in the FA cup semi-final, let alone won the thing!

Fuzzmaster101 said:
GranthamBlue said:

But he is not a Tevez. City's mighty achivements last season were built on the foundation of one mighty player. If we count on Dzeko to fill his shoes then we will be sorely disappointed.

I hope I'm wrong.
Clearly not a City fan. Yes Tevez is a great player, our achievements were however not built on just Tevez. Notable games we played without Tevez were a 4-0 win against Aston Villa, an easy 2-0 stroll away at West Brom and of course a 1-0 win against Ushited in the FA cup semi-final. There were a couple of defeats (away at Chelsea and Wolves) but we are very effective without him as we've shown. Kompany, De Jong, Hart, Yaya and Silva (amongst many others) were all equally as important in our successes, and if it wasn't for Dzeko we wouldn't even have been in the FA cup semi-final, let alone won the thing!

This. One man does not make a team and Tevez, good as he undoubtedly is, does not make City. That's a total dis-service to the other 10 players who put in a shift and took us to new heights for recent times.......

CityPar said:
One man does not make a team and Tevez, good as he undoubtedly is, does not make City.

I never said that Tevez was the whole team. I said he was a mighty foundation. Foundations are vital but not much use if there is no house built on top of them. Of course the other ten men 'put in a shift' and many brilliant ones. I say that Tevez is a great player and you then manage to infer I mean that the other ten are rubbish. How paranoid is this forum?

Fuzzmaster101 said:
Clearly not a City fan.

Incredible conclusion. Absolutely astonishing.

Balo 6
Toure 6
Silva 4
AJ 4
Dzeko 2

Tevez 21

That is my point. It's not anti City and it's not anti you. I even finished off by saying I hope I'm wrong. If Dzeko gets the Golden Boot next year (for City) then I'll be as happy as you (actually I'll be happier)

"It is amazing that we spent £35 million on Jo and RSC."
Fuzzmaster. You wrote this in September. Does this make you 'Clearly not a fan'? I don't think so because you clearly are. I know the Rags are under the bed but

I'M NOT ONE OF THEM

CTID

Fuzzmaster101 said:
GranthamBlue said:

I hope I'm wrong.

You have to take Grant's comment in context. City like it or not has a personality. And that personality determines the effectiveness of our players in the system. For examples, City's predominant method of scoring comes from individual skill. About 28% of our goals were a result of this, and if you add Freekick goals and Penalty goals that were the sole result of an infringement on an individual effort, it rises to about 33%. So literally 33% of our goals come from a player taking on defenders himself, and getting the job done, or getting a foul to achieve the goal. To this effect it makes sense that a skilled striker like Tevez/Balotelli are able to be more successful, than a team oriented player like Dzeko.

There is a lot of talk about Dzeko improving, and some of that will happen just coz his been around longer, but analytically we have to ask the question whether he is a good fit? Or would we be better off with the Sanchez, Lacezzis and Zarates of this world. Players who go get the goal from individual effort. But often fail attempting.

On a personal note, just from eyeballing CIty games my instinct tells me we need more ball movers and visioned passers. But with rumors of targets like Sanchez, Lavezzi and Zarate, it seems more likely than not, that City is actually gets these players, we will be embracing the individuali skill philosophy. Which frankly is at present one of the central characteristics of our attacking play.

But lets watch and see what we haul first though, and then we can determine what it seems Mancini is trying to do.

Dax777 said:
Fuzzmaster101 said:
GranthamBlue said:

I hope I'm wrong.

You have to take Grant's comment in context. City like it or not has a personality. And that personality determines the effectiveness of our players in the system. For examples, City's predominant method of scoring comes from individual skill. About 28% of our goals were a result of this, and if you add Freekick goals and Penalty goals that were the sole result of an infringement on an individual effort, it rises to about 33%. So literally 33% of our goals come from a player taking on defenders himself, and getting the job done, or getting a foul to achieve the goal. To this effect it makes sense that a skilled striker like Tevez/Balotelli are able to be more successful, than a team oriented player like Dzeko.

There is a lot of talk about Dzeko improving, and some of that will happen just coz his been around longer, but analytically we have to ask the question whether he is a good fit? Or would we be better off with the Sanchez, Lacezzis and Zarates of this world. Players who go get the goal from individual effort. But often fail attempting.

On a personal note, just from eyeballing CIty games my instinct tells me we need more ball movers and visioned passers. But with rumors of targets like Sanchez, Lavezzi and Zarate, it seems more likely than not, that City is actually gets these players, we will be embracing the individuali skill philosophy. Which frankly is at present one of the central characteristics of our attacking play.

But lets watch and see what we haul first though, and then we can determine what it seems Mancini is trying to do.

Spot on. Tevez being by far our top goalscorer is due to a combination of his own selfishness (whether good or bad) and the fact that he is our main attacking outlet. In this context, it makes perfect sense for him to score the most. Good comparison would be with any team Ibrahimovic has been in (perhaps except for barca). If Tevez were to leave and if for the sake of argument our system were to stay the same, another striker, perhaps Dzeko, would fulfil the Tevez role and would probably be leading scorer by some distance.

Fuzzmaster101 said:
GranthamBlue said:

I hope I'm wrong.
he's clearly not a city fan because he has a different opinion to yours? oh dear god.

lee-mcfc said:
Fuzzmaster101 said:
GranthamBlue said:

I hope I'm wrong.
he's clearly not a city fan because he has a different opinion to yours? oh dear god.

Clearly you're not a City fan for pointing out his condescending rush to judgement.

On a side note, wasn't the whole idea of bringing Dzeko in to help us play with a different dimension? I thought we were supposed to have another option if individual skill wasn't working against 11 bodies behind the ball.

I'm an Edin fan, can't wait to see the multi-headed beast that is our attacking lineup next season.

I remember when Tevez was a flop...I remember when a utd fan laughed in my face and said tevez haha he is so shit, what a waste of money, did you pay £50 mil for him haha...enuf said

Really hope Dzeko gets a lot of game time next season. I've seen what he did at Wolfsburg and i think if Mancini puts faith in him he will come up with the goods. big strong lad, good in the air with a beastly shot, i'm confident he'll be a success next season.

Its difficult for any player to come mid season to a new team and new league, he showed signs of fitting in towards the end of the season, but look at Torres when he moved to Chelski, even with proven Premier League record, found it hard going in a new team. Keep the faith he will come good (Dzeko that is not Torres lol)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.