Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
LookIfoundmyKnob said:
pudge said:
LookIfoundmyKnob said:
In the EPL Aguero scored 12 goals

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.transfermarkt.com/en/kun-agueero/profil/spieler_26399.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.transfermarkt.com/en/kun-agu ... 26399.html</a>

Tevez scored 11

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.transfermarkt.com/en/carlos-tevez/profil/spieler_4276.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.transfermarkt.com/en/carlos- ... _4276.html</a>

Edin scored 15

If you want to compare career stats in the EPL

Edin Dzeko has 30 goals compared to Agueros 35.
Why are you only counting the league though?

Because it's the only way to promote Dzeko ahead of our other strikers?

Yes, he finished our top scorer in the league but NOT our top goal scorer overall. Stop saying that he did, it's as disrespectful as you claim others are to Dzeko in the first place.

I don't get your point on overall league goals, but it might be of note for you to include Aguero has scored 5 more in 13 less matches?

Because when you play in the FA Cup you play against shite teams like Barnsley instead of actually playing quality teams and when you drub teams like Barnsley 5-0 it skews statistics doesn't it now?

The only reason it says he played more is because he got subbed in more. Look at the minutes and the amount of times each got subbed in.
Aguero has played 400 more minutes than Dzeko in the league, that's less than 5 games and he has 5 more goals. If you're going to bring up pointless stats at least put them in their full context.

So Dzeko's goal at Notts County doesn't count?

Champions League goals don't count?

Goals that helped us achieve our second FA Cup final in 3 years don't count?

LookIfoundmyKnob said:
Matty said:
badman said:
i disagree. dzeko would do well at clubbs like bayern munich, dortmunt, real madrid. basically all the top clubs that play direct football.
He's nowhere near quick enough for Bayern or Dortmund, and his passing wouldn't be up to par for Real.

Have you seen Bayern play?

Mandzukic is not that much quicker than Edin. Nor is Gomes for that matter. They don't need their strikers to be fast, they need them to finish and header.

As for Real Madrid, he would fit perfectly if Mourinho was still there. Edin in a counter attacking scheme is one of the deadliest strikers in the market. There is no need for him to pass the ball because that's not his job. His job is to drive the line and look for the overhead ball for goals.

well said.

His attitude is extremely questionnable.

His performances when he starts are questionnable.

It would need a new way of playing to get the best out of him.

I won't be sad if he goes as part of a swap deal for a better player.

Dzeko for me just doesn't have the correct attitude. We need mentally strong players, far too often he lets his confidence affect his football. We need to get rid.

Maybe when he is starting games he does not concentrate as much as when he comes on in the last 15-20. I heard him after the missed penalty against Arsenal that he said he "knew he was going to score later anyway". I know it can be interpreted many ways and that maybe it was just a feeling he had that day, but perhaps he is (subconsciously) not going for that chance 100% when he has more time than usual..

bluemathlady said:
Maybe when he is starting games he does not concentrate as much as when he comes on in the last 15-20. I heard him after the missed penalty against Arsenal that he said he "knew he was going to score later anyway". I know it can be interpreted many ways and that maybe it was just a feeling he had that day, but perhaps he is (subconsciously) not going for that chance 100% when he has more time than usual..

no he didn't knew he was going to score later. he said after he missed the penalty he would try to "score from another chance". in other words he was upset about missing the penalty and worked very hard to score a goal in that game and make the fans happy.

pudge said:
LookIfoundmyKnob said:
pudge said:
Why are you only counting the league though?

Because it's the only way to promote Dzeko ahead of our other strikers?

Yes, he finished our top scorer in the league but NOT our top goal scorer overall. Stop saying that he did, it's as disrespectful as you claim others are to Dzeko in the first place.

I don't get your point on overall league goals, but it might be of note for you to include Aguero has scored 5 more in 13 less matches?

Because when you play in the FA Cup you play against shite teams like Barnsley instead of actually playing quality teams and when you drub teams like Barnsley 5-0 it skews statistics doesn't it now?

The only reason it says he played more is because he got subbed in more. Look at the minutes and the amount of times each got subbed in.
Aguero has played 400 more minutes than Dzeko in the league, that's less than 5 games and he has 5 more goals. If you're going to bring up pointless stats at least put them in their full context.

Context? Did you forget the part where the system has been designed for players such as Aguero and Tevez. Obviously leaving Edin out in the cold even though he was the first striker brought in for the Mancini era? Whom by the way by his own admission said that Edin wasn't his first choice so he practically wasted 27m.

How about when he put up 4 against Spurs and Mancini drops him from the squad the next week?

Pointless Stats? How about the fact that when Edin was introduced to the game City won 12 points in the dying embers? Talk about consistency.... Your about to lose the game and the manager puts you on, you have the pressure of delivering a goal. Against West Brom he delivered 2 in the last what 10 minutes?

I'm not trying to rip Aguero but it's crazy how you guys ignore the fact that they are just as good as each other but meant for different systems. The guy who performs almost as well in a system that isn't fit for him gets a good chunk of the blame, yet the guy for whom the system was built is untouchable even when he doesn't contribute anything this season? Really?

.allan said:
Dzeko for me just doesn't have the correct attitude. We need mentally strong players, far too often he lets his confidence affect his football. We need to get rid.

actually it's very easy to deteriorate as a player when you constantly find yourself on the bench.

LookIfoundmyKnob said:
pudge said:
LookIfoundmyKnob said:

Context? Did you forget the part where the system has been designed for players such as Aguero and Tevez. Obviously leaving Edin out in the cold even though he was the first striker brought in for the Mancini era? Whom by the way by his own admission said that Edin wasn't his first choice so he practically wasted 27m.

How about when he put up 4 against Spurs and Mancini drops him from the squad the next week?

Pointless Stats? How about the fact that when Edin was introduced to the game City won 12 points in the dying embers? Talk about consistency.... Your about to lose the game and the manager puts you on, you have the pressure of delivering a goal. Against West Brom he delivered 2 in the last what 10 minutes?

I'm not trying to rip Aguero but it's crazy how you guys ignore the fact that they are just as good as each other but meant for different systems. The guy who performs almost as well in a system that isn't fit for him gets a good chunk of the blame, yet the guy for whom the system was built is untouchable even when he doesn't contribute anything this season? Really?
By completely ignoring goals scored outside of the league, your ignorance isn't even worth pointing out or discussing. Aguero has contributed nothing this season? He and Tevez have contributed nothing goal-scoring wise this season? Are you that ignorant?

Also, you haven't addressed anything I said, rather just gone off on a Dzeko-tangent.

Bravo on bringing up the "dropped after Spurs" thing for the 1,000,000th times though, maybe someone else can answer it for the 1,000,000th time.

bluemathlady said:
Maybe when he is starting games he does not concentrate as much as when he comes on in the last 15-20.

I think his higher rate of scoring when coming on as a sub is more to do with the way we play if we're looking for a goal (or two) late in a game. In this situation, we probably play a more direct game with a bit more urgency (a bit like United, perhaps), which suits him more than the slow build-up around the edge of the 18 yard area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.