Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
LookIfoundmyKnob said:
pudge said:
LookIfoundmyKnob said:
Because when you play in the FA Cup you play against shite teams like Barnsley instead of actually playing quality teams and when you drub teams like Barnsley 5-0 it skews statistics doesn't it now?

The only reason it says he played more is because he got subbed in more. Look at the minutes and the amount of times each got subbed in.
Aguero has played 400 more minutes than Dzeko in the league, that's less than 5 games and he has 5 more goals. If you're going to bring up pointless stats at least put them in their full context.

So Dzeko's goal at Notts County doesn't count?

Champions League goals don't count?

Goals that helped us achieve our second FA Cup final in 3 years don't count?

Context? Did you forget the part where the system has been designed for players such as Aguero and Tevez. Obviously leaving Edin out in the cold even though he was the first striker brought in for the Mancini era? Whom by the way by his own admission said that Edin wasn't his first choice so he practically wasted 27m.

yes mancini's idea was that aguero would play everytime but balotelli, tevez and dzeko would rotate.

here he is saying exactly that: (skip to 51 seconds).

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6-JjAIVgjk#t=*0*52[/youtube]

LookIfoundmyKnob said:

From what I saw Mancini wanted a Barca, David - Messi pairing with Tevez - Aguero.

Balotelli was his pet project.

Edin was just left overs.

at the time of the aguero signing, mancini hated tevez and wanted to sell him actually.

badman said:
.allan said:
Dzeko for me just doesn't have the correct attitude. We need mentally strong players, far too often he lets his confidence affect his football. We need to get rid.

actually it's very easy to deteriorate as a player when you constantly find yourself on the bench.

Yeh that's true but if it starts to stir in all parts of his game, i.e training, and the way he behaves around the club its no wonder he wasn't picked. I don't think he is mentally tough enough to play at this level and what it entails.

CaliforniaBlue said:
bluemathlady said:
Maybe when he is starting games he does not concentrate as much as when he comes on in the last 15-20.

I think his higher rate of scoring when coming on as a sub is more to do with the way we play if we're looking for a goal (or two) late in a game. In this situation, we probably play a more direct game with a bit more urgency (a bit like United, perhaps), which suits him more than the slow build-up around the edge of the 18 yard area.

Oh please CB stop talking sense here...

.allan said:
badman said:
.allan said:
Dzeko for me just doesn't have the correct attitude. We need mentally strong players, far too often he lets his confidence affect his football. We need to get rid.

actually it's very easy to deteriorate as a player when you constantly find yourself on the bench.

Yeh that's true but if it starts to stir in all parts of his game, i.e training, and the way he behaves around the club its no wonder he wasn't picked. I don't think he is mentally tough enough to play at this level and what it entails.

do you have any idea what happens to players when they don't get enough time on the pitch ?

do you think players improve when they are on the bench most of the time ?

badman said:
.allan said:
badman said:

do you have any idea what happens to players when they don't get enough time on the pitch ?

At the very least it should surely motivate them to improve.

pudge said:
badman said:
.allan said:

At the very least it should surely motivate them to improve.

hahahaha. the more games you play the more you improve. if you're not getting the games you're fitness levels go down. your abilities worsen. why do you think adam johnson left ?

MSP said:
mcfc_nyc - you can sell that nick for few quids in few years now :)
I might be forced to do just that since I am (as a Bosnian) being told/advised by some to F*&k off from this forum when Edin moves on /s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.