Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Edin Dzeko legend

pudge said:
noise said:
pudge said:
What's a myth?

Could you be any more vague with your posts?
The myth is that he just scores goals, and doesn't contribute in any other way. In fact he contributes more than most people realize. So what is the weakness Mancini adressed multiple times at the beginning of the season?
No, he doesn't contribute more than most people realize.

In fact, it says it all when you have to say "when MOST people"

The majority can see his overall game isn't what it should be. His ability to score goals has never been questioned.

And again with the vague comments, just say what you want to say already

At the beginning of the season we had a particular problem with the lack of clean sheets. We were conceding goals almost every game. 90% of those goals came from set pieces. On multiple occasions Mancini has defended his choice of starting Dzeko on account of this issue.

Dzeko always falls back to defend set pieces.

kalouk said:
Sorry I didn't see the second half of your earlier post. I understand your point about price but doesn't some of that come down to the club buying the best as an alternative but never really providing the tools for him to be at his best as we had another style in mind. I think most people agree our style isn't the best for him so it is a case of him trying to fit in with how we do it and please understand I am not saying we should change just for Dzeko. I don't think we are that far apart opinion wise, I'm just happy to see the ball in the back of the net you expect a bit more, I suppose I am just easier to please. I just feel that yes, he has faults but I think he has earnt a bit more respect than he sometimes gets on this thread.

Anyway I really enjoyed talking to you, it's nice to have a civilised conversation on this thread ;) Got to take the kids to school in the morning i'll be like a dead dog! Have a goodnight!.

p.s. and you too noise, I didn't realise you were still here.
That's true, but you could also argue that a player of that calibre should be able to adapt to a different style of play.

-- Feb 7th, '13, 02:38 --

noise said:
pudge said:
noise said:
The myth is that he just scores goals, and doesn't contribute in any other way. In fact he contributes more than most people realize. So what is the weakness Mancini adressed multiple times at the beginning of the season?
No, he doesn't contribute more than most people realize.

In fact, it says it all when you have to say "when MOST people"

The majority can see his overall game isn't what it should be. His ability to score goals has never been questioned.

And again with the vague comments, just say what you want to say already

At the beginning of the season we had a particular problem with the lack of clean sheets. We were conceding goals almost every game. 90% of those goals came from set pieces. On multiple occasions Mancini has defended his choice of starting Dzeko on account of this issue.

Dzeko always falls back to defend set pieces.
So his height for defending set pieces is a plus.

But how does that make his inability to consistently use said height to win knock ons up the pitch a myth?

Or being unable to hold defenders off and hold the ball up?

He doesn't do those things as well and as often as he should.

I only brought up those 3 aspects and you said it was a "myth" then you bring up a separate aspect.

Clearly, then you have no argument against my initial post but decided to reply to it anyway

He wins more knock ons than the other strikers (means he brings something else they don't to the table). He may not do it up to your standards, but that's highly subjective.

In the same subjective fashion you listed all the things that he in your opinion doesn't do well enough, with a conclusion that he only scores goals without any other contribution to the game. Which is clearly a myth. He does more than just score goals as I and Mancini have demonstrated.

Making your conclusion (only scores goals) and diatribe off base.

noise said:
He wins more knock ons than the other strikers (means he brings something else they don't to the table). He may not do it up to your standards, but that's highly subjective.

In the same subjective fashion you listed all the things that he in your opinion doesn't do well enough, with a conclusion that he only scores goals without any other contribution to the game. Which is clearly a myth. He does more than just score goals as I and Mancini have demonstrated.

I didn't say "he only scores goals" so that nullifies your entire response.

Of course he wins more knock ons than Aguero and Tevez, there's a substantial height difference.

But he doesn't win as many as he should, which is my point, a point you have either failed to grasp or just ignoring; His overall game and contribution is below standard not void of existence

Also, you have no leg to stand on when talking about subjectivity, as your blatant display of ignorance above has proved.

pudge said:
noise said:

Of course he wins more knock ons than Aguero and Tevez, there's a substantial height difference.

But he doesn't win as many as he should, which is my point, a point you have either failed to grasp or just ignoring; His overall game and contribution is below standard not void of existence

Also, you have no leg to stand on when talking about subjectivity, as your blatant display of ignorance above has proved.
Your entire argument with kalouk is about "he only scores goals". You state that all other aspects of his game are insufficient.

pudge said:
You pay £20 odd million for a striker like Dzeko for more than scoring goals is my point.

Implying again that "he only scores goals". Which by the way has been a common accusation trown ad Dzeko for awhile in this thread. So don't pretend like this is a new argument. Semantic dispute is what you're engaging in now, and it's a common fallacy those who lose an argument resort to.

noise said:
pudge said:
noise said:

Your entire argument with kalouk is about "he only scores goals". You state that all other aspects of his game are insufficient.

pudge said:
You pay £20 odd million for a striker like Dzeko for more than scoring goals is my point.

Implying again that "he only scores goals". Which by the way has been a common accusation trown ad Dzeko for awhile in this thread. So don't pretend like this is a new argument. Semantic dispute is what you're engaging in now, and it's a common fallacy those who lose an argument resort to.
Your ignorance knows no bounds.

You took one line of a previous post and as a result taken it out of it's original context.

WimbledonRd was the poster who claimed that Dzeko "only scores goals" a mere 3 pages ago, but you have seemingly chosen to overlook that.

And his post is was what I was arguing.

Dzeko does do more than score goals, but he doesn't do enough or he doesn't do it well. So expecting a player that you have invested so much in to do more than "just score goals" isn't too much to ask for.

The post that you have cut and manipulated actually went against the idea that Dzeko does more than score goals, hence why we paid upwards of £20 million for him but your ignorance has blinded you to that.

I am not arguing semantics or losing an argument because I was never in an argument with you, conversely it is you who are both being semantic and losing an "argument" as you took offence to my posts that not only didn't engage you but were in favour of what you yourself argue.

Why take issue with me but not WimbledonRd or even Kalouk for that matter?

Because you saw the name "pudge" and with your own slanted views and opinion decided to argue for the sake of it. Because, my entire "argument" with Kalouk is not based on the argument that he "just scores goals", it's the opposite; just his overall game is below standard not non existent.

So tell me, who's the one engaging in "semantic dispute"?

pudge said:
noise said:
pudge said:

pudge said:

You took one line of a previous post and as a result taken it out of it's original context.

WimbledonRd was the poster who claimed that Dzeko "only scores goals" a mere 3 pages ago, but you have seemingly chosen to overlook that.

Dzeko does do more than score goals, but he doesn't do enough or he doesn't do it well. So expecting a player that you have invested so much in to do more than "just score goals" isn't too much to ask for.

The post that you have cut and manipulated actually went against the idea that Dzeko does more than score goals, hence why we paid upwards of £20 million for him but your ignorance has blinded you to that.

I am not arguing semantics or losing an argument because I was never in an argument with you, conversely it is you who are both being semantic and losing an "argument" as you took offence to my posts that not only didn't engage you but were in favour of what you yourself argue.

Why take issue with me but not WimbledonRd?

Because you saw the name "pudge" and with your own slanted views and opinion decided to argue for the sake of it. Because, my entire "argument" with Kalouk is not based on the argument that he "just scores goals", it's the opposite; just his overall game is below standard not non existent.

You're pretty fucking dumb, you know that?

noise said:
pudge said:
noise said:

Insults, now that's the last resort of someone fighting a losing battle.

I am in no doubt you didn't read my post.

pudge said:
noise said:
pudge said:

No, it's just funny. I highlighted the exact sentence in which you contradict your entire point.

noise said:
pudge said:
noise said:

No, it's just funny. I highlighted the exact sentence in which you contradict your entire point.
By saying his overall game is NOT non-existent that means I'm saying he only scores goals?

And I am the dumb one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.