Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Corky said:
Edin plays the furthest forward whenever he plays no matter who else is playing so of course he is likely to score.

Other forwards play all or some of their time in the 3 behind the front 1 - so the goal minute comparison is a bit of a joke.

Silva and Tevez have given him it on a plate for his last two (Milner before that), but no get rid of these players for 'wingers'. Or do we get rid of the holding players, or maybe 5 in attack?

Like it Corkster- five in attack. The good old days :)

Unless our new manager, whoever that may be, is planning on changing the way we play completely, bring in some wingers/wide players, and crossing the ball far more often, then I see no reason to change my stance on Dzeko, which is we need to sell him and bring in a replacement. In order to get the best from him we need to spend a fair sum of money on players who play wide, have pace, and put the ball in the box. Is that something that's on the cards?

If the rumours about us signing Cavani are true then I'd certainly be letting Dzeko go, Cavani can perform the things we hope Dzeko will be able to do, plus the other aspects of his game (better touch, passing, holding up of the ball etc) make him a better option.

CaliforniaBlue said:
Tevez's really not an out-and-out striker at all, but more of an attacking midfielder most of the time.

Well, he was, before Mancini made him play a role similar to Silva, with Aguero/Dzeko up front. He has 11 goals (third-highest) and 8 assists (joint top with Silva) in the Premier League, not bad under the current circumstances.
Those complaining about Tevez not scoring goals should realize this, he is still a valuable player for City. He probably would have a much better goal-scoring ratio if he had been the main striker..

I thought he was nailed on to be sold but with Pellegrini coming in I won't be at all surprised if he stays and we spend money on some wingers/wide forwards.

Pellegrini is famed for getting the maximum out of a squad, Txiki may give him a brief that is just that.

Utilize the £25m striker we have in Dzeko but heres 20m for Navas and ????. We are not going to sanction £50m for Cavani/Falcao/Suarez.

with mancini out, it's really a tough call. i've always said that every single player we have has unquestionable quality, but that quality doesn't matter if you want them to be something they can never be. it was done with balotelli, it was done with tevez. it was done with dzeko. the result is obvious. with that said, it's entirely up to the new manager. we've seen what he can do and we've seen what he can't do, and i think pelegrini knows a bit more about football than any of us, so i think he already has a vision of his new squad.

afgtnk said:
Has any other player polarised Bluemoon opinion quite like Edin Dzeko?

The guy is an enigma.
Yes, this thread is full of shit from anti-Edin brigade, what is of course contra-productive, because if Edin read this, and most likely he read all this, he will be pissed. This thread is like rags competition who is able to spit more.

What a disgrace from so-called "supporters".

But after support for former manager against the club, I am not any more surprised, many here just think that they support club in reality they do everything to damage club, club interests and club investments.

About Edin in general, he is not better or worst than other strikers, if he stay next season, what he need to do is to have much more time to build confidence and routine, plus he need to be more active, to run much more.

If he leave, depends from club, new manager and Edin, than again we will see how wrong Mancini was, just like in Balo case. I mean wtf Mancini want with him in last 30 sec. of FA cup final? What he tried to achieve with that?

I think I know why he did this few times.
6ff919a67af42932537f0ef1e5c3409a.jpg

Lock this thread, no, delete this thread and open new one.

CTID101 said:
I thought he was nailed on to be sold but with Pellegrini coming in I won't be at all surprised if he stays and we spend money on some wingers/wide forwards.

Pellegrini is famed for getting the maximum out of a squad, Txiki may give him a brief that is just that.

Utilize the £25m striker we have in Dzeko but heres 20m for Navas and ????. We are not going to sanction £50m for Cavani/Falcao/Suarez.

Navas? Jesus navas? the guy gets homesick and will probs never leave Seville/Spain permanently.

lee-mcfc said:
CTID101 said:

Navas? Jesus navas? the guy gets homesick and will probs never leave Seville/Spain permanently.
Yes, he has said recently it isn't that much of a problem anymore IIRC.

I don't see why there would be rumors for him if he still had a problem as bad as it once was.

CTID101 said:
lee-mcfc said:
CTID101 said:

I don't see why there would be rumors for him if he still had a problem as bad as it once was.
He is okay to go abroad with Spain but he would never be able to live abroad. It really is a big problem they have under control to an extent

CTID101 said:
lee-mcfc said:
CTID101 said:

That;s just rumours, i can't see him moving away from Spain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.