Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matty said:
No17 said:
ban-mcfc said:
he'll go to napoli and we'll get cavani hopefully.

you might get cavani, but if dzeko leaves it will surely not be for napoli

Why not? They're in the Champion's League, they've got a bit of money, he'd play pretty regularly with Cavani out of the picture. The only reason I can think of for him not going to Napoli is if Mancini ends up there as Mazzarri's replacement.

simply because it's not a big team...they are selling all their best players, and next season they won't be anywhere near the champs league...

Matty said:
eversince 76 said:
ban-mcfc said:
he got plenty of crosses on sunday and was dog shit and did fuck all with them.

i think most fans have lost patience.

Pellegrini made RSC play again. So why would that not happen with Dzeko?
That seems to be a regular statement at present. But did he REALLY make RSC play again? Look at the stats, RSC scored 12 goals in 43 games, 8 in La Liga and only 1 in 10 Champion's League ties. Hardly prolific. If we got 12 goals from Dzeko next season we'd be calling for his head. Dzeko needs to be scoring 20 goals in all competitions each season, as well as bringing more to the rest of his game (assists, holding the ball up etc) to be worth keeping. I simply don't see that happening.

Dzeko scored 30 goals in 76 premier league games. That is actually a good record. And bear in mind we don't play to his strengths, plus he doesn't play the full 90 minutes every game, he's a third choice striker.

Those who know about football will know that Dzeko does not fit into the system. It's essential that everyone in the current team can keep possession, pass, uphold etc and Dzeko is obviously not the best in that. But it's unfair to say that he's "shit" .. he's "not working hard" etc.

It will be interesting to see what will happen with him this summer, if we does decide to let him go, we should only allow him to leave if a club pays what he is worth , which is more than £20 million.

ban-mcfc said:
olddirty said:
Matty said:
That seems to be a regular statement at present. But did he REALLY make RSC play again? Look at the stats, RSC scored 12 goals in 43 games, 8 in La Liga and only 1 in 10 Champion's League ties. Hardly prolific. If we got 12 goals from Dzeko next season we'd be calling for his head. Dzeko needs to be scoring 20 goals in all competitions each season, as well as bringing more to the rest of his game (assists, holding the ball up etc) to be worth keeping. I simply don't see that happening.

How come no one is questioning Tevez and Aguero, they did not score more (or much more) than Dzeko this season ? Style of play suited them, so why did they fail to deliver ?

Dzeko is perfect scapegoat, especially with so many frustrated souls here...

aguero was injured for larger parts of the season and tevez dropped deeper and overall had a much better season.

edins scored goals and in the early parts was our best striker but he's been poor this side of xmas and doesn't look arsed.

and still kun and teves played more time then he did. failed logic is fail.

olddirty said:
Matty said:
eversince 76 said:
Pellegrini made RSC play again. So why would that not happen with Dzeko?

How come no one is questioning Tevez and Aguero, they did not score more (or much more) than Dzeko this season ?

Because they fucking try. I think Tevez is a dickhead but you can't ever question the effort he puts in, he's had loads of assists as well as being top scorer this year. Sergio has had a succession of injuries which have clearly affected his form but he's still putting himself about and still got 17 goals.

Edin controls the ball as far as I can kick it, is rooted to the floor for high balls, never uses his strength and rarely closes people down. He scores goals but he's nowhere near clinical enough to justify the failings in other parts of his game.

Added to that he has a Bsnian fanboy contingent on here who refuse to hear a bad word about him and nothing is ever his fault. This leads to actual City fans going too far in their riticisms because they get pissed off with unwavering support for a player who is often awful in games to the extent that some of them have said it's Silva/Tevez/Aguero/Nasri's fault for never passing to him

without a dream said:
olddirty said:
Matty said:

How come no one is questioning Tevez and Aguero, they did not score more (or much more) than Dzeko this season ?

Sergio has had a succession of injuries which have clearly affected his form but he's still putting himself about and still got 17 goals.

And Dzeko had a lot of time on the bench, which clearly affected his form.

If Dzeko played the 90 minutes vs Wigan and did not win the game for us, he would get so much stick. Aguero did not get us a goal in the final despite have the chance to do so on a few occasions, yet nobody is slagging him off. Why is that ?

AntiUnited said:
ban-mcfc said:
olddirty said:
How come no one is questioning Tevez and Aguero, they did not score more (or much more) than Dzeko this season ? Style of play suited them, so why did they fail to deliver ?

Dzeko is perfect scapegoat, especially with so many frustrated souls here...

aguero was injured for larger parts of the season and tevez dropped deeper and overall had a much better season.

edins scored goals and in the early parts was our best striker but he's been poor this side of xmas and doesn't look arsed.

Tevez wasn't always asked to be a lead the line striker, he was playing deeper, in a variation of a 4-5-1 formation, most likely a 4-2-3-1 formation. The fact he got more game time isn;t as relevant as he wasn't getting forward as much as he'd like.

Aguero was indeed injured for large parts of the season. You point out he played mroe often so that means the logic is flawed. You're assuming that the two things are mutually exclusive. Just because Aguero was injured/not at full fitness doesn't mean he wasn't also playing. There's a reason we fired our English doctor in the Summer and replaced him with an Italian one.

without a dream said:
olddirty said:
Matty said:

Because they fucking try. I think Tevez is a dickhead but you can't ever question the effort he puts in, he's had loads of assists as well as being top scorer this year.

In all honesty Tevez should be getting a lot more than 17 goals as the team is built around him. R

Rooney has the same role as Tevez and managed to get 27 goals in the EPL alone last year. Tevez was disappointing in the Champions league. So just because a players role is to be the second striker, doesn't mean you get to score less goals.

Matty said:
AntiUnited said:
ban-mcfc said:

Tevez wasn't always asked to be a lead the line striker, he was playing deeper, in a variation of a 4-5-1 formation, most likely a 4-2-3-1 formation. The fact he got more game time isn;t as relevant as he wasn't getting forward as much as he'd like.

Aguero was indeed injured for large parts of the season. You point out he played mroe often so that means the logic is flawed. You're assuming that the two things are mutually exclusive. Just because Aguero was injured/not at full fitness doesn't mean he wasn't also playing. There's a reason we fired our English doctor in the Summer and replaced him with an Italian one.

But he still played more then dzeko... more time on the pitch = more chances of scoring simple as that really.

AntiUnited said:
Matty said:
AntiUnited said:

But he still played more then dzeko... more time on the pitch = more chances of scoring simple as that really.
Joe Hart spent the most minutes on the pitch, surely he had the most chances to score?

Ok, so that's a touch facetious, but you get my point. The position you are on the pitch is also related to the chances you have to score.

As for Aguero, if he is playing with an injury, or when only half fit, then he won't be as sharp, or as clinical, so again that would mitigate the amount of chances he'd be able to take.

badman said:
.allan said:
badman said:
actually it's very easy to deteriorate as a player when you constantly find yourself on the bench.

Yeh that's true but if it starts to stir in all parts of his game, i.e training, and the way he behaves around the club its no wonder he wasn't picked. I don't think he is mentally tough enough to play at this level and what it entails.

do you have any idea what happens to players when they don't get enough time on the pitch ?

do you think players improve when they are on the bench most of the time ?

Yes and no. Obviously everyone knows when you're not playing your not happy! But if he isn't confident enough in his ability them surely I'm correct that he isn't mentally strong enough? If you aren't playing then maybe you should be self motivated to get back into the squad.

This is what i meant by my first point. I think there are many players especially in our team that can't take it. You don't play, they get upset, you cannot afford to have that attitude. Take James Milner, he wasn't playing but every time he does, he gives it his best, he has the attitude and application to play at this level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.