Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
pudge said:
1dart said:
1st pre season game thats all, he was shit as were most, definatly no worse than any of the others apart from Vinnie. Looks like he is staying so lets get behind him and judge him in a competetive game.
Tbf when he banged them in against Chelsea in the US, the "I told you so" brigade were out in full force

I know what you mean, i like the guy but the way the lovers and haters get there points across sometimes its like the haters cant wait for him to be shit so they can post in here that hes shite and when hes good you get the lovers saying everyone else is shit.

I think hes gonna bag a fair few next season, we always need different options. I just wish this thread would dissapear.

I must have been watching a different match because I thought Dzeko looked dangerous and linked play well with Nazri and Kolarov amongst others, and Nimley looked outclassed and produced very little but ran around a lot. I think people on here still have the Dickov and Tiatto syndrome where a player gets lauded for workrate and effort above actual ability and skill. Just so you know, 'running around aimlessly' does not equate to 'cares more'.

Fuzzmaster101 said:
I must have been watching a different match because I thought Dzeko looked dangerous and linked play well with Nazri and Kolarov amongst others, and Nimley looked outclassed and produced very little but ran around a lot. I think people on here still have the Dickov and Tiatto syndrome where a player gets lauded for workrate and effort above actual ability and skill. Just so you know, 'running around aimlessly' does not equate to 'cares more'.
Indeed. Many posters seem to be impressed with anyone who can dribble a lot even when it produces no results. Dzeko had no trouble dribbling in the Bundesliga but that was never one of his biggest strengths. Getting the goal is all that matters for a striker. He didn't get it today, but honestly that was more due to a great save by the goalkeeper than any big deficiency on Dzeko's part. He only had one or two real chances and the only people you can blame for that is the players that are supposed to offer him great service. But they didn't.

I think it was a mistake to play Dzeko with the first half 11. He would have done better with the second half 11. Milner, Toure, etc.

Fuzzmaster101 said:
This^^

Fuzzmaster101 said:

Same but Its called opinions. No matter what he does there will be some keyboard warrior waiting to have some cheap shots thrown his way.

Looked a threat in the first half and if stayed on we would of got a more positive result. If he wants to stay at the club and is willing to play a rotation role then he could still be a valuable asset to the team.

I can't believe we have sold Balotelli and Tevez and are keeping Dzeko.

Honestly, apart from his horrific touch and poor build up play, the guy is just lazy.

I thought after the spurs match that was it, goodbye Dzeko. Not only did Mancini continue to play him though, but now we aren't selling him?

What a shame. Hopefully we will sign Jovetic and he and Aguero will keep donkey-touch-Dzeko away from the first team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.