Edin Dzeko

Short term deal, minimal cost, wouldn't be expecting to start much, knows how to score and could offer us a threat in the box like nothing else in the squad, particularly late on when we're struggling.

On paper its ideal but in reality it's not happening, Pep plays with no strikers or plays his trusted players out of position before he brings in a stop gap and that applies to any position in the squad.

according to jack gaughan city have turned down signing edin until the summer :-(

Not sure if this is meant to be a joke, or if JG really has claimed that?

Never thought there was anything in it with the rumours for This window, but i dare guess there definitely is no chance of us pursuing that in the summer, i woukd be shocked and astounded if there was.

Not sure if this is meant to be a joke, or if JG really has claimed that?

Never thought there was anything in it with the rumours for This window, but i dare guess there definitely is no chance of us pursuing that in the summer, i woukd be shocked and astounded if there was.
Think he just meant we've turned down the chance of signing him on a short-term deal (i.e. until summer), rather than suggesting that we'll move for him in the summer. If that makes sense?!

Gabi was only Edins shadow so far...

If he wasn’t brasilian, he would be playing Leverkusen tops.

What did Edin do that Gabi hasn't?

This is such obvious revelling in nostalgia for the Mancini side. Dzeko was a great player for us, but he didn't do anything Jesus hasn't. Jesus scores a lot more goals, he's turned up in some massive games, helped us win lots of trophies.

The only thing Jesus is missing compared to Dzeko would be something like the run at the end of 13/14 when he scored 9 in the last 15. That happened when he was 28 so not all that surprising Jesus hasn't gotten there yet, and this season is still young.

Both are very good back up strikers. Dzeko was part of some iconic moments for the club, Jesus is only 23 but he's already had a few of those himself and more will come.

Last edited:
What did Edin do that Gabi hasn't?

This is such obvious revelling in nostalgia for the Mancini side. Dzeko was a great player for us, but he didn't do anything Jesus hasn't. Jesus scores a lot more goals, he's turned up in some massive games, helped us win lots of trophies.

The only thing Jesus is missing compared to Dzeko would be something like the run at the end of 13/14 when he scored 9 in the last 15. That happened when he was 28 so not all that surprising Jesus hasn't gotten there yet, and this season is still young.

Both are very good back up strikers. Dzeko was part of some iconic moments for the club, Jesus is only 23 but he's already had a few of those himself and more will come.

I'm sorry, but that is so far off the mark, you might as well be Dzeko on his off day!

I love them both, and i definitely wouldn't want Dzeko now over Jesus, not for this team, not at this time. The swap deal is as funny as it is nonsensical.

But Edin is without doubt hands down the better striker, and even with the frustrating moments, a more effective player. it is beyond comparison.

As i say, makes zero sense to argue for dzeko over gabi in our team at this time. Gabi all day every day. But to try argue he is a better player is nonsense. Better fit, that's all.

Think he just meant we've turned down the chance of signing him on a short-term deal (i.e. until summer), rather than suggesting that we'll move for him in the summer. If that makes sense?!

I see. That makes sense. Surely JG should have said 'until the end of the season'. Unless the vagueness is for more or future clicks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.