Edin Dzeko

Just because I'm killing time before the US stock exchange opens.

Champions League -
Dzeko 3 goals in 18 starts
Jesus 13 goals in 19 starts

League Cup -
Dzeko 11 in 10 starts
Jesus 7 in 9 starts

Fa Cup -
Dzeko 4 in 9 starts
Jesus 8 in 12 starts

Total
Dzeko 53 in 111 starts. 0.47
Jesus 66 in 104 starts. 0.64

So Jesus has scored more goals overall (73 v 72), more goals as starter overall, and in the League, Fa Cup and CL.

Like I said in my original post it's just Mancini-era nostalgia. I loved Dzeko and he has definitely got more iconic moments for City than Jesus so far - 4 goals vs. Spurs, his brace in the 6-1, his equaliser vs. QPR, his brace that ended the league title in 13/14.

But Jesus has a few of his own and he's got time to make more.

Just because I'm killing time before the US stock exchange opens.

Champions League -
Dzeko 3 goals in 18 starts
Jesus 13 goals in 19 starts

League Cup -
Dzeko 11 in 10 starts
Jesus 7 in 9 starts

Fa Cup -
Dzeko 4 in 9 starts
Jesus 8 in 12 starts

Total
Dzeko 53 in 111 starts. 0.47
Jesus 66 in 104 starts. 0.64

So Jesus has scored more goals overall (73 v 72), more goals as starter overall, and in the League, Fa Cup and CL.

Like I said in my original post it's just Mancini-era nostalgia. I loved Dzeko and he has definitely got more iconic moments for City than Jesus so far - 4 goals vs. Spurs, his brace in the 6-1, his equaliser vs. QPR, his brace that ended the league title in 13/14.

But Jesus has a few of his own and he's got time to make more.

It is certainly not mancini nostalgia. You don't get to make that claim.

And you are being selective with your statistics. To prove a meaningless point.

Enjoy the stock exchange, where numbers in isolation out of context may matter.

I'm glad we have gabi now. I'm glad we had edin then. the rumours are nonsense, i dare guess we can agree on that.

OK, what statistics would you like to use to decide who scored more? Choose any.

Fact is, Jesus has scored more in fewer games. As a starter, overall, whatever way you put it.

Yeah i get it, but personally i just don't see City breaking the bank for 1 player. We have spent big when needed, but i don't think we are the guys to go mental and spend 150m on one player unless we offer some players in return or maybe some crazy financial package where we pay in increments. But this is a big summer, these two positions need strengthening but its arguable that we also need a midfielder. I think we will do what we always do, maybe spend 50m each on 3 players rather than 150m on one.
We're at the point now that we don't need 3 x 50 million pound players though, a one off big fee to fill a problem hole is definitely a possibility I'd have thought.

It is certainly not mancini nostalgia. You don't get to make that claim.

Enjoy the stock exchange, where numbers in isolation out of context may matter.

I'm glad we have gabi now. I'm glad we had edin then. the rumours are nonsense, i dare guess we can agree on that.
I'm confused myself, surely when comparing strikers then goals versus appearances are pretty much the main stats to look at?

I'm confused myself, surely when comparing strikers then goals versus appearances are pretty much the main stats to look at?

Yeah, it was the hand picking of starts/ when aguero is playing, etc. Although i realize it was in response to another's comment.

And tbf he is right overall as well. Gabi.is underrated.

Short term deal, minimal cost, wouldn't be expecting to start much, knows how to score and could offer us a threat in the box like nothing else in the squad, particularly late on when we're struggling.

On paper its ideal but in reality it's not happening, Pep plays with no strikers or plays his trusted players out of position before he brings in a stop gap and that applies to any position in the squad.
If we're talking about him not costing much, according to reports this morning there is a loan swap deal between Inter and Roma for Edin & Alexis Sanchez being lined up. The only thing that's holding it up is wages, because Edin earns more than Alexis, and we all know the riches that **** was making at the rags! So it might cost quite a bit in wages.

We're at the point now that we don't need 3 x 50 million pound players though, a one off big fee to fill a problem hole is definitely a possibility I'd have thought.
Maybe, but it's been the way we do things for a long time. And since we have a few positions to strengthen within the squad, i think it will be the same again. Even though we know that with Aguero probably going, or at the very least struggling with injuries, we need to spend big there.

Maybe, but it's been the way we do things for a long time. And since we have a few positions to strengthen within the squad, i think it will be the same again. Even though we know that with Aguero probably going, or at the very least struggling with injuries, we need to spend big there.
A few? A striker is the only one that really stands out to myself. After that LB needs to be looked at (again), think we're looking good otherwise although that may depend on Fern staying a another season or not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.