Edin Dzeko

I watched the Inter game today. Dzeko was good - genuinely good - but really, the whole team just ran riot. We already have plenty of players like that, who can score when the whole team runs amok on weaker opposition. What we need is an unstoppable force who can score and make things happen in the goal even when the opposition is tight and organised, like a Chelsea or even a today's Southampton will be. Aguero's shadow is a tall one. I don't think Dzeko fills it at the moment.

I watched the Inter game today. Dzeko was good - genuinely good - but really, the whole team just ran riot. We already have plenty of players like that, who can score when the whole team runs amok on weaker opposition. What we need is an unstoppable force who can score and make things happen in the goal even when the opposition is tight and organised, like a Chelsea or even a today's Southampton will be. Aguero's shadow is a tall one. I don't think Dzeko fills it at the moment.

We don’t even have someone apt to be a focal point and open spaces. Dzeko here wouldn’t play like he does for Inzaghi, but he could certainly do something no player in our squad is naturally trained to do, and quite well.

Not really, most of the time our possession-based pass and move play will be enough to break teams down. What we lack is a different option when we struggle. Take that last minute "goal" yesterday - Foden did well to direct the header on target given his lack of height but a Dzeko getting on the end of that cross would have got above the ball and powered the header down to make it more difficult for the keeper.

A lot of Džeko revisionism going on these days. He scored some big goals for us and honestly I probably liked him more than a lot of Blues at the time, but by God he was frustrating a lot of the time. The most inconsistent first touch of any elite player I've ever seen. Sometimes it was a delicate back heel through ball, sometimes it bounced ten yards off his shin

We also don't need the Bosnian posters reactivating their accounts

A lot of Džeko revisionism going on these days. He scored some big goals for us and honestly I probably liked him more than a lot of Blues at the time, but by God he was frustrating a lot of the time. The most inconsistent first touch of any elite player I've ever seen. Sometimes it was a delicate back heel through ball, sometimes it bounced ten yards off his shin

We also don't need the Bosnian posters reactivating their accounts
There is no revisionism. We’re watching him now and he’s doing very well. Lukaku also improved after leaving the PL

Not sure if you were a City fan at the time, but I'm referring to people wanting him back at City and glossing over how frustrating he was for us
I was a fan and remember him well. I didn’t want him back in January just for what he did for us, but also for improving after leaving. And now at Inter he’s on fire

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.