Edin or Mario?

nehe11 said:
razinho said:
If you looked at Dzeko's performance tonight you would say he was pretty terrible, but when you compare him to Lewandowski's, it hits home what a striker of that size should actually be doing. I can understand that Edin didn't have as many chances, but even his holding up and passing was atrocious.
I thought he was decent tonight.

I thought Edin did well also. Held up well, drew defenders well, reacted fast.

I am getting frustrated by Aguero's reluctance to pass. I feel his greed might have cost us a victory. There were at least 2 instances in which Edin was in a clearly better position to score and Aguero simply decided to go it alone.

WimbledonRd said:
nehe11 said:
razinho said:
If you looked at Dzeko's performance tonight you would say he was pretty terrible, but when you compare him to Lewandowski's, it hits home what a striker of that size should actually be doing. I can understand that Edin didn't have as many chances, but even his holding up and passing was atrocious.
I thought he was decent tonight.

I thought Edin did well also. Held up well, drew defenders well, reacted fast.

I am getting frustrated by Aguero's reluctance to pass. I feel his greed might have cost us a victory. There were at least 2 instances in which Edin was in a clearly better position to score and Aguero simply decided to go it alone.

It's quite amazing how you have bunch of people watching the SAME GAME and having a complete opposite view on a player.

Just goes to show...pointless discussing, really.

mcfc-mark said:
Might aswell sell Dzeko in January. Fantastic player and an outstanding professional but if we're not going to play him right then we might aswell not play him at all. Asking Edin to play with his back to goal and playing intricate little passes is as good as sticking Aguero in DM and hoping for the best. Time and time again we have seen that, despite our system, when our style of play has altered momentarily and somebody plays Edin through, majority of the time he will score. Exactly how he used to score at Wolfsburg. If we can't build a team to suit him then there isn't much point in having him here, it just isn't fair in my opinion. There's still a huge place in the modern game for players like Edin, and if Mancini pulls his finger out and comes to realise this, there's no reason why he couldn't be first choice CF for us for years to come.

One of the best posts on here probably ever. Especially the bolded part.

I'd add to that - Dortmund game showed why you cannot constantly FORCE one dimensional game (tippy-tappy football).

Cause it comes the time (Wednesday) when you have to skip the midfield - and what happens?
Timing of our long balls is all out of whack, accuracy is off by 5-10 yards, fucking crosses cant hit anywhere near the mark...all because "it's not our style" of play. Symptomatic almost.

Im not exactly a fan of Balo but I thought he was good today. Showed some lovely touches and looked stronger. Were just so lucky to have another world class player in Dzeko to call on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.