Edinburgh

A57 the snake

Team supported
Mcfc
I’m off up to Edinburgh from Friday till Sunday with mrs snake for our wedding anniversary and for her 40th, any advice on any proper traditional pubs around Edinburgh some with a bit of character I’ve googled but google is rubbish these days it’s all ads etc . I’ve read up on princess street and the royal Mile but any suggestions is very welcome from those who live or know Edinburgh.
Thanks in advance.

You’re unlikely to find a pub that’s not swamped with visitors to be honest but in the centre of town some nice pubs that tend not to attract too many bellends include:

The Blue Blazer
Thomson’s Bar
Regent Bar (Abbeyhill)
Guildford Arms is lovely but does have a lot of folk gawping and taking pictures

if you want a nice pub, not crowded then you need to head out a bit really.

Or head down to Leith.

Personally, I avoid Grassmarket, Rose Street, George Street at any time of year but in peak tourist season like now they’re especially annoying.

But you also need to bear in mind I’m a miserable git.

I’m off up to Edinburgh from Friday till Sunday with mrs snake for our wedding anniversary and for her 40th, any advice on any proper traditional pubs around Edinburgh some with a bit of character I’ve googled but google is rubbish these days it’s all ads etc . I’ve read up on princess street and the royal Mile but any suggestions is very welcome from those who live or know Edinburgh.
Thanks in advance.
I think we'd need to see a pic or two of the missus before proper advice is forthcoming...;-)

Blue Blazer seconded. The Abbotsford on Rose Street, albeit very much in the centre of town, does a cracking array of whiskys if that's your thing.

The Central Bar at the bottom of Leith Walk is an eye opener. It is where some scenes in Trainspotting were filmed. Literally straight out of central casting. Not necessarily for the faint hearted but a fun evening if you like that sort of thing.

You’re unlikely to find a pub that’s not swamped with visitors to be honest but in the centre of town some nice pubs that tend not to attract too many bellends include:

The Blue Blazer
Thomson’s Bar
Regent Bar (Abbeyhill)
Guildford Arms is lovely but does have a lot of folk gawping and taking pictures

if you want a nice pub, not crowded then you need to head out a bit really.

Or head down to Leith.

Personally, I avoid Grassmarket, Rose Street, George Street at any time of year but in peak tourist season like now they’re especially annoying.

But you also need to bear in mind I’m a miserable git.
Was seriously thinking about going to leith when we get there in the afternoon LB thanks for the list mate as well.

Blue Blazer seconded. The Abbotsford on Rose Street, albeit very much in the centre of town, does a cracking array of whiskys if that's your thing.

The Central Bar at the bottom of Leith Walk is an eye opener. It is where some scenes in Trainspotting were filmed. Literally straight out of central casting. Not necessarily for the faint hearted but a fun evening if you like that sort of thing.
Yes pal definitely up for that .. read up on leith walk.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.