EDS development

We have to sell most of them in time. I’d like to think the better ones will have buyback clauses. The reality is we have dozens and dozens of exiting talents, but only 2 or 3 at most will join Foden in the first team. So we sell them, it boosts our profit/FFP position, and ideally the guys that kick on and become top drawer can be brought back for an agreed fee. But how easy it will be to agree those buybacks I don’t know. It might not be possible in a lot of situations. With the arrival of Alvarez and hopefully Haaland, Delap is first in line for a sale with buyback clause, imo.

Our EDS would win the conference by about 20 points. Nothing to be learned
I only used Oldham due to them going down and being in a mess and would be easier to mould into the way we want to play & if they did win it by 20 points then they would be promoted. What is learned by U18s beating Newcastle 13-0 & Eds beating 7-0

Sometimes I think City tend to hold on to their established first team players too long which again hinders the progress of the up and coming youngsters.
My criticism of Guardiola is when we are 3 nil up he doesn't look to give some experience to them.
Look at the youth in the Barcelona and Spanish national teams, age isn't a factor in their progress.
Yes the substitutions at three or four up tend to disappoint me too when there is a young player on the bench.

I only used Oldham due to them going down and being in a mess and would be easier to mould into the way we want to play & if they did win it by 20 points then they would be promoted. What is learned by U18s beating Newcastle 13-0 & Eds beating 7-0
If we beat teams 13-0 every week you may have had a point, it was an unimportant game to Newcastle at this stage and they gave up half through the first 45 minutes. That's not on us.

If we beat teams 13-0 every week you may have had a point, it was an unimportant game to Newcastle at this stage and they gave up half through the first 45 minutes. That's not on us.
Although Newcastle may have given up the u18s have scored 8 against Leeds, 7 against Derby & 5 against the rags winning the league by 7 points & +54 goal difference

Although Newcastle may have given up the u18s have scored 8 against Leeds, 7 against Derby & 5 against the rags winning the league by 7 points & +54 goal difference
And Burnley have put 8 past Newcastle, Villa put 10 past Norwich, Chelsea 7 past Spurs, Southampton 7 past Birmingham, Brighton 7 past WBA, Sunderland beat Leeds 7-5, Spurs 7 past Birmingham, Liverpool 10 past Leeds.

That's U18's football for you. I'm not sure what your point is unless it's just that we're more consistent.

Seems there is no answer to the problem of matching the available places to the endless supply of youngsters. Semi-pro clubs struggle to get by, their gate-money which is their lifeline has to compete with subscription/tv, same for all clubs including the championship, meaning less opportunities for late developers, a direct result of an over-mighty prem. Not pointing a finger at someone, it's the world we live in.

And Burnley have put 8 past Newcastle, Villa put 10 past Norwich, Chelsea 7 past Spurs, Southampton 7 past Birmingham, Brighton 7 past WBA, Sunderland beat Leeds 7-5, Spurs 7 past Birmingham, Liverpool 10 past Leeds.

That's U18's football for you. I'm not sure what your point is unless it's just that we're more consistent.
The point is how beneficial it is for these players progressing to the next level as a player when the original post was about the EDS being too good in the conference.

How many of these players will drop out of the game due to not being able to get game time? .
How many academy players progress in the premier league teams? , I'd be suprised if it's more than 10%

The point is how beneficial it is for these players progressing to the next level as a player when the original post was about the EDS being too good in the conference.

How many of these players will drop out of the game due to not being able to get game time? .
How many academy players progress in the premier league teams? , I'd be suprised if it's more than 10%
I'd be surprised if it's 10% overall TBH, there just isn't room for them all (not just ours). The main difference between our academy and most of the rest is that we're breeding super talents left, right and centre. You can already track ex City youth players all over the globe and that amount will only grow.

There will always be players who drop out of the game for one reason or another, not just lack of space.

The reason of why i can't see youngster to start any time soon is because they are not mentally ready yet to given chance in the most important phase of season, in late season with many title still at stakes they have no chance at all as starter.

Maybe it will different if we lock up Premier League title early, but it's down to Pep and senior player fault that they didn't lock the title early as possible.

People still forget that they are still academy player while their skill is enough as backup/rotation player or in specific tactic scenario as a starter, mentally is not ready yet to be given the same responsibility as senior player in the first team.

Senior player having enough experience and maturity can handle mentally if City failed to win any title this season, they can bounce quickly from disappointment and focusing to get prepared for the next season. While youth academy player more often than not can't quickly recovered from their failure to keep up with the rest senior player in their first team mentally, so they need to be handled more carefully and let senior player takes the role as spacegoat from criticism in case team having a failure this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.