EDS future opportunities and progression?

So it looks like our goalkeepers next season will be 33 and 35 (Willy's birthday is in September).

A big year for Grimshaw, Gunn, Lawlor and O'Brien then?

So it looks like our goalkeepers next season will be 33 and 35 (Willy's birthday is in September).

A big year for Grimshaw, Gunn, Lawlor and O'Brien then?
nintchdbpict000249335062.jpg

It might be the best option with some, but imo all of the best ones should get some kind of taste (& test) of first team football, before we let them go anywhere. Then if they can't force their way into regular contention, loans or, as you say, sales with buy back clause.

But a decent number should get a sniff of the first team, then decide based on that.
Yeah, I mean this for players who we don't deem as immediate first team quality like Phoden, Diaz, Sancho.
I think players like Paolo, Ricketts, Nmecha, and such will all have great careers, and we should attach buy back clauses for them so it's not a Fofana or Denis Suarez fuck up by City.

Yeah, I mean this for players who we don't deem as immediate first team quality like Phoden, Diaz, Sancho.
I think players like Paolo, Ricketts, Nmecha, and such will all have great careers, and we should attach buy back clauses for them so it's not a Fofana or Denis Suarez fuck up by City.

tbh im not sure we'd be back in for either of Fofana or Suarez if we had the choice. Barca bought Suarez back cos they'd have been mad not to cos he was only a few million. Not convinced he's anything more than a decent squad player for them though. Fofana's good but not at City's level yet. I agree with your point in general though btw.

Suarez wanted to leave so we got just his development fee (£1.28mill maybe) and Fofana wasn't good enough for us and we sold him for an initial £2.3mill rising to £3.8mill. Not bad for someone who wasn't going to make it here and never played for the 1st team, we may have a buy back option for all we know although I doubt we'd ever activate it despite how well he's doing for Udinese. How exactly is that a 'fuck up'?

Suarez wanted to leave so we got just his development fee (£1.28mill maybe) and Fofana wasn't good enough for us and we sold him for an initial £2.3mill rising to £3.8mill. Not bad for someone who wasn't going to make it here and never played for the 1st team, we may have a buy back option for all we know although I doubt we'd ever activate it despite how well he's doing for Udinese. How exactly is that a 'fuck up'?
It's a 'fuck up' by City generally speaking. Some of our best youth players (before the golden u16 generation) haven't been able to get a chance Barker, Suarez, Nmecha, Fofana, Lopes come to mind immediately. This is a fuck up by City regarding integrating youth players. Also, the Denis Suarez situation really boils down to the fact that our academy structure was new and didn't suit his style, so he left when MP came, still City could have tried harder imo.

We got over £12m for Suarez if he fulfils the appearances for Barcelona, he's already brought in 6 or 7m.

That much? Even better. Around £16 mill for the 2 players that we 'fucked up on'.
I'll admit we fucked up on a player when they're first choice in their position for a Champions League contender tbh and not before. That's the level we are aiming for and there's only so much room for squad players, we'll let more of that standard go than we'll keep.

In any case, with Denis Suarez, what are we supposed to do with a player who's genuinely unhappy at the club?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.