EDS Players' Future Prospects

Another lad who was impressive in the u-16 tournament in January was William Patching. Not seen his name mentioned ever since, does anyone know how he is progressing. He looked the real deal when I saw him.

880125 said:
Another lad who was impressive in the u-16 tournament in January was William Patching. Not seen his name mentioned ever since, does anyone know how he is progressing. He looked the real deal when I saw him.
Patching - 18 October 1998 (age 15) - I imagine he won't join the U-18s until he turns 16 this Fall. Hard to believe he's 10 mos younger than his partner-in-crime, Manu Garcia, but about a foot taller.

880125 said:
Al Kass Cup. There're some replays on youtube. We had a very strong squad, as we had bought a lot of u15-u16 talents, but it's the same reason of failure in play-offs - the team is too new, they need to play with each other some more. Next year PSG and City will still be favourites and that time will have even more chances to win

I really want to see Hiwula impress this season in the EDS and try and get himself a loan to a top league club for a couple of seasons.

He looks a proper finisher to me, anyone else impressed with him?

He has produced some great finishes. It's down to whether the rest of his game is good enough. He's quick & works hard these days too. The old 'only a goalscorer' quandry.

At the end of the season, in the big games, it seemed to me that they were playing for themselves a bit rather than as a team ( trying to impress) & he suffered because he relies on service & didn't get many passes. But I was impressed that he kept making the right runs wheras many players (Aguero for instance) would stop doing it if the baĺl wasn't coming.

Neville Kneville said:
He has produced some great finishes. It's down to whether the rest of his game is good enough. He's quick & works hard these days too. The old 'only a goalscorer' quandry.

At the end of the season, in the big games, it seemed to me that they were playing for themselves a bit rather than as a team ( trying to impress) & he suffered because he relies on service & didn't get many passes. But I was impressed that he kept making the right runs wheras many players (Aguero for instance) would stop doing it if the baĺl wasn't coming.

NK, how would you assess Hiwula's 'footballing intelligence'? I've only seen him in highlights on the OS so I'm curious what you think.

The club seem to be placing more emphasis on recruiting for and developing the thinking side of a player's game so I think it's a player metric worth considering when we discuss our youth players.

Neville Kneville said:

I think this is a pretty fair assessment of him, then again being a youngling he has all the time in the world to improve other aspects of his game and make himself much more valuable, he certainly seems to have the right mentality to try this at least.

I certainly think he'll have an alright career.

Players who can finish will always be in demand and Hiwula seems to have a real knack for it. He may not be brilliant technically but if he can stick the ball in the net at first team level then he may have a surprisingly good career. Van Nistelrooy, for example, didn't do much else but score.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.