EDS playoff semi v Chelsea

I thought Ntcham was average if I am honest, he made some shocking decisions especially in his passing.

For a number ten I expected more and if anything when Ambrose came on I though he showed him a thing or two on how to play that postion.

---

In regards to Lopes I thought he was quiet but whenever he got the ball in the opposition half his decision making and first touch was far superior to anybody out on the pitch, my only concern with him is thtat I wouldn't have him playing on a wing and instead have him floating about as a number ten.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
schfc6 said:
I thought Ntcham was our stand out talent. He had the required pace, power and physique. I also thought he had great technique and an eye for a pass.

He needs to learn the game a bit more, but he has real potential. He and the Chelsea captain & keeper were the best players on show I thought.

Good game, lots of talent.

I also liked the look of Ambrose when he came on, he could be great.

Am I right in thinking that this side is young enough to stay together for next year? And we'll be adding 1 maybe 2 or 3 Nigerians?

an eye for a pass? certainly didn't have the technique to pull even the simplest ones off...

Had you turned off late in the game when he played a disguised pass in behind the centre half for Ambrose I think to nearly win the game. He also played a very nice pass after a very nice piece of skill. He put a ball perfectly between full back & centre back, only for the winger or full back to stop his run and Niel Mellor to say he wasted his ball.

Every time Ntcham got the ball near their area it looked dangerous. He may have been wearing the No. 10 shirt, but he is far from a traditional no. 10. As for Ambrose, he was brought on as a striker. I'm not sure if you noticed but we played 433, you know the club philosophy..

Glendon holding, playing as the pivot. Ntcham & Fofana as the box to box men. The Austrian kid left, replaced by Cole, Huiwala up top replaced by Ambrose and Lopez right, replaced by the young Spanish lad.

No number 10 in that formation.

schfc6 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
schfc6 said:
I thought Ntcham was our stand out talent. He had the required pace, power and physique. I also thought he had great technique and an eye for a pass.

He needs to learn the game a bit more, but he has real potential. He and the Chelsea captain & keeper were the best players on show I thought.

Good game, lots of talent.

I also liked the look of Ambrose when he came on, he could be great.

Am I right in thinking that this side is young enough to stay together for next year? And we'll be adding 1 maybe 2 or 3 Nigerians?

an eye for a pass? certainly didn't have the technique to pull even the simplest ones off...

Had you turned off late in the game when he played a disguised pass in behind the centre half for Ambrose I think to nearly win the game. He also played a very nice pass after a very nice piece of skill. He put a ball perfectly between full back & centre back, only for the winger or full back to stop his run and Niel Mellor to say he wasted his ball.

Every time Ntcham got the ball near their area it looked dangerous. He may have been wearing the No. 10 shirt, but he is far from a traditional no. 10. As for Ambrose, he was brought on as a striker. I'm not sure if you noticed but we played 433, you know the club philosophy..

Glendon holding, playing as the pivot. Ntcham & Fofana as the box to box men. The Austrian kid left, replaced by Cole, Huiwala up top replaced by Ambrose and Lopez right, replaced by the young Spanish lad.

lol

Bpughh said:
schfc6 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

lol

Not sure who is worthy of a 'lol'.

If you think Ntcham is being moulded into the next Silva or a Baggio. That's lol worthy.

Or do you think we played this formation?

.............X............
X.......X......X.....X
.............X...........
X...........X..........X

Glendon behind two centre mids, then two wide players & one central striker, was definitely how we set up.

Ntcham was certainly playing as a box to box cm, not as a Silva or Nasri type player.

As a team we missed that kind of player further forward imo. That would have been Pozo if he was fit. Lopes should come inside more in that formation imo.

schfc6 said:
Bpughh said:
schfc6 said:

lol

Not sure who is worthy of a 'lol'.

If you think Ntcham is being moulded into the next Silva or a Baggio. That's lol worthy.

Or do you think we played this formation?

.............X............
X.......X......X.....X
X...........X..........X

I lol'd at your explanation. I agree with it all, just thought it was a bit harsh on the whoever you were replying to. relax.

Facey was the stand out for me. Very composed on the ball. Strong and quick also.

Fofana looked impressive, just a little raw. Reminded me of Pogba at that age.

Lopes was a little disappointing. In most of the EDS games I've watched, he's been the stand-out. He had a great chance 1-on-1 but hit it straight at the keeper. Just an off night for the lad I think, I still look at him as our top young talent.

Chelsea looked a stronger, more experienced outfit. I was impressed with the lad Palmer that came on for them. Only 16, he's very small, but a very good player. Their striker, Feruz, has a fanastic touch about him but I'm not convinced by his decision making.

A really high quality youth game though. Impressive.

CityFan94 said:
Facey was the stand out for me. Very composed on the ball. Strong and quick also.

Lopes was a little disappointing. In most of the EDS games I've watched, he's been the stand-out. He had a great chance 1-on-1 but hit it straight at the keeper. Just an off night for the lad I think, I still look at him as our top young talent.

Chelsea looked a stronger, more experienced outfit. I was impressed with the lad Palmer that came on for them. Only 16, he's very small, but a very good player. Their striker, Feruz, has a fanastic touch about him but I'm not convinced by his decision making.

Facey is another of our central defenders who I just can't imagine playing in the Premier League. I too thought he was very good v Chelsea & he is quick & did well on the ball, but (as in the Rekik thread) how would he do against Dzeko or Negredo on the end of a cross ?

Surely he is very unlikely to build himself up to such a physical level that, even if he was 4 yeas older, he could be playing v Andy Carrol on Sunday ?

Surely we have to find another position for him if he is going to play Premier League football ? Or are we expecting to get away with it like Barca do with Mascherano ?

I could see Facey possibly becoming a lower PL level holding midfielder, but I can't see him being a CB. He's not really quick enough to be a fullback, but his passing and composure looks good enough that he could move forward into midfield.

Neville Kneville said:
CityFan94 said:

Facey is another of our central defenders who I just can't imagine playing in the Premier League. I too thought he was very good v Chelsea & he is quick & did well on the ball, but (as in the Rekik thread) how would he do against Dzeko or Negredo on the end of a cross ?

Surely he is very unlikely to build himself up to such a physical level that, even if he was 4 yeas older, he could be playing v Andy Carrol on Sunday ?

Surely we have to find another position for him if he is going to play Premier League football ? Or are we expecting to get away with it like Barca do with Mascherano ?

I thought the same about Facey - not really tall enough to be a top Premier League centre back.

Barca get away with playing Mascherano in La Liga, but they wouldn't in the Premiership, it's totally different in regards to crosses and physical players in this league.

I don't think Facey will make it with us, but he did look a good player, very good on the ball for a centre back IMO.

I'd be surprised if he didn't have a good career in the lower half of the Premiership or top half Championship.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.