EDS v Brighton on City+ today - 1pm ko

Should have had a hattrick by now. He might kill someone on the pitch one day, he`s really aggressive and gets frustrated really quickly
He's one of those enigmatic kind of players - one minute he exhibits sublime skill and a clinical finish, and the next he's demonstrating the worst aspects of a fifties centre forward from Division Four with a a very limited skill set. And he can also showcase a fine rugby tackle as he did this afternoon.

I thought McAtee was brilliant, MotM for me. Palmer played well but was incredibly greedy at times and Delap needs to work on his composure because he misses a lot of chances.

He'll feel right at home in the first team then

I think Foden was slightly better than both at that age, but not by a big margin. Palmer and McAtee have improved massively the last year, and they`re both huge talents. I just hope we can replace Mahrez (30 in feb) with Palmer and not buy his replacement like we usually do. They`re quite similar, but Palmer`s a lot less predictable and not so selfish. Did very well in his debut too. We have so many brilliant young players coming through at the moment, exciting times ahead
In my opinion Foden was a level above, but Palmer is improving at a very steady and impressive rate and can definitely be a first team player. What Palmer absolutely has is the physicality to play senior football much sooner, on a more consistent basis than Foden did. McAtee looks like he is going to be like Foden in the sense that he has to be eased up because he looks about 8 stone soaking wet through.

We’re producing some very good players and it’s enjoyable watching the games on City+. How we move forward this many players who all look to have a chance of being first team squad players, and hopefully first XI players in the next few seasons will be interesting to see. We probably have to break our reluctance and send several of them out on loan in order for them to develop. With Foden there was 1, but here it looks like we’ve 3 or 4 that need that next step.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.