EDS v Derby 25/01 (moved to the A.J.Bell stadium)

My bad as my young nephew say`s
I should have put my glasses on in that case, Simon Davies seems to have an unhappy bunch of players

Also good to meet you tonight. Much better part of the evening than the game turned out to be although as TS said we started ok and really should have won the game with some ease. If I remember it right though didn't we beat derby away 5.1 in this same competition with Isaac scoring a hat trick!

Anyway apart from a shocking second half team performance my main memory tonight will be about how uninspiring Davies is. The feeling I get is that the lads don't play for him at all. I guess he will see out the season but I would be surprised if he is with us next season

Think I brought the curse. First half I thought we were much the better team. Not sure what happened during half time but we played nothing like the first half.

Noticeable they had 3 coaches and in constant dialogue but we only had Davies. Hope the player who got carried off early on isn't badly injured.

Thought Fernandes was best player on the night.

Also good to meet you tonight. Much better part of the evening than the game turned out to be although as TS said we started ok and really should have won the game with some ease. If I remember it right though didn't we beat derby away 5.1 in this same competition with Isaac scoring a hat trick!

Anyway apart from a shocking second half team performance my main memory tonight will be about how uninspiring Davies is. The feeling I get is that the lads don't play for him at all. I guess he will see out the season but I would be surprised if he is with us next season

Yes nice to meet you again Nelly.
What I did see was, Davies picking individual players out to lamblast personally, then throw the towel himself and sit down on the bench for the last 15 minutes. Leadership qualities i think not.

You're mixing the 18s and EDS together there. The 18s basically never lose and won 5-1. The EDS are doing woefully so far and then lost this, and have lost a fair few recently.

Ah, the perfect explanation. I often do mix up the two, but with City playing kids up a year or two I am telling myself it's an easy thing to do.

Hopefully the 'good' squad starts tonight!

I kind of get the impression that the EDS is not seen as a priority.
I mean winning it isn't.

The team changes and from what I can gather from reports, mainly in here and some other regular match goers, players are constantly played out of position.

It could also be seen as a way of giving players game as part of s rotation system.

They're still second all the same.

As long as the 18's win tomorrow I'm not too bothered. I think the youth cup is being taken far more seriously.
This was the PL Cup, not the league. Sarmiento (the player carried off after 10 minutes) sounds like it may be bad going off the OS: https://www.mancity.com/news/eds/20...ies-premier-league-cup-reaction/1485361980443

Davies seems to indicate that this injury affected the players as they all saw him at half time although he also changed the formation then so whether he's looking for excuses or not I don't know. Did we not have a very young team out for this? There were at least two 16 year olds there I think.

Twosips tells me that the team that won 5-1 is the one playing tonight - the U18s. Saw these last seek against the dippers - reminiscent of '68, Roberto and Pellers' winning teams.
Yeah the u18's are a step up from the eds which just seems sometimes to be a put together ragtag (apologies for the use of rag) team with an uninspiring coach.

Looking forward to tonight, think with the dithering on Tosin that apart from Garcia our breakthrough players will come from the u18's, mind you we've been saying the breakthrough is coming for too many years already.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.