EDS V Liverpool

Nelly's Left Foot

Good game for the EDS tonight against Liverpool. I hadn't seen too much of this team of late so was really interested to see how they played. Seen loads of the 18's and enjoyed every match they play , been disappointed a lot by the first team far too often this season so this would be an interesting comparison.

To be fair to them both as individuals and as a team i thought they were very good and showed plenty of what's been missing from the first team. Energy and effort. Liverpool are nobody's pushovers .They had some names in there who have played first team football and they , as ever , were a bigger outfit than City.I don't think Liverpool played that well but so much of that is because we did play well.

Starting from the back Gunn didn't have a lot to do but the fabulous point blank save early in the second half was massive. Bryan and Tosin as the center back pair I thought were magnificent. Maybe Bryan is being groomed to be a center back rather than midfield player but tonight ( a couple of moments aside) i though he looked very good but Tosin was imperious and how you know who get's even close to the first team with this lad around is a joke.

Horsfield at right back did well as did Cameron Humphreys playing out of position at left back and it was only when he got an injury that we looked iffy. I think we trto play 3 at the back but it didn't work and that's when Pool threatened. Not for too long tho as Simon Davies made the change he had to make pushing geldon to right back and the 2 guys central again.

Great to see Manu Garcia play well tonight. I think he played a little deeper tonight to find the spaces and it helped him a lot but his passing was better tonight plus little one twos to find space worked well. It was his pass to find Bytyqi's excellent run form the right which made the first goal. A little chest control and pass to Isaac Buckley and he finished well.

Glendon was playing well linking with Garcia, Celina etc until he went to full back to carry on his good work. On at half time came Alex Garcia and what an assured return after injury. The lad oozes quality and his passing , often first touch, helped give us almost total control in the 2nd half once the defensive organisation was restored. His pass for the second goal to Celina was just special. He saw Celina's movement and hit a 40+ yard ball inch perfect over the defender for Celina to chest down , round the keepr and score. Just sublime and you must watch it on the OS when you can ( even if the keeper possibly should have been out to nick it off him)

Buckley fought hard and definitely looked more effective from wide right but had started centrally Took the goal well and put in 2 great crosses which were so close the 2nd goal. Barker a little more like his old self. A real threat from the left wing and also nearly scored. Celina's goal was great but he was very involved in us dominating the game through the midfield with intelligent interpassing and also some variations with longer balls over the top when good runs were made.

Just a good all round team performance. Onto the 18's in the morning which I am really looking forward to and just a shame I can't stay for the whole match and the celebrations at the end with the premier league trophy.

One final though from tonight. No Angelino. Is he injured or could he be the laft back cover for Clichy as we don't want Kolarov do we? Lets hope he isn't injured

Kolarov injured according to Manuel so presume Angelino is cover. He played (and missed a pen) didn't he vs Bolton earlier in the week I think.

Nice summary of the game.. Just checking in to make sure the Aleix Garcia pass was mentioned as you say yourself... It was sublime and something that wouldn't of gone amiss to Sergio earlier in the week.

Nice summary of the game.. Just checking in to make sure the Aleix Garcia pass was mentioned as you say yourself... It was sublime and something that wouldn't of gone amiss to Sergio earlier in the week.
Thinking of that pass I am not sure I can think of anyone else (including first teamers) who could have made it.It wasn't just a long,floated ball over the top that gives the defender time to make a headed clearance but a very considered drilled ball with real pace on it for Celina's run.

Thinking of that pass I am not sure I can think of anyone else (including first teamers) who could have made it.It wasn't just a long,floated ball over the top that gives the defender time to make a headed clearance but a very considered drilled ball with real pace on it for Celina's run.

Thanks for a great report.

I thought A. Garcia looked very much at home in the first team & will be surprised if Pep doesn't fast track him. He seemed to have the required physical attributes as well as the ability, which surprised me as he was a bit poncy when he first arrived & has adapted so quickly.

Great to read that these players may be getting their mojo back & that Davies is doing ok. Was a bit worried about him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.