EDS v Liverpool

HT now,0-0.

Watched the final 10 mins of the half and Garre looked decent,with good energy and vision.Davenport also looking the part in the DM/pivot role.

1-0 liverpool

davies out
Yes Davies out but not just on that game. Poor performance for me with so many balls given away badly and it was one such ocassion we helped them score the goal. Diaz wide right first half was a waste. Foden not as effective as i would like to see him. Oliver full of mistakes. Lattibeaudierre having a tough time at the moment.

The plan though with team selection is that we challenge the players at a higher level than they , mostly have been used to, and I think it shows. Liverpool I believe on average were about 2 years older than us.Their 2 centre backs were very big and Grujic in center mid is massive. It's a big test and we will see how they handle it after no wins in the first 4 games.

Yes Davies out but not just on that game. Poor performance for me with so many balls given away badly and it was one such ocassion we helped them score the goal. Diaz wide right first half was a waste. Foden not as effective as i would like to see him. Oliver full of mistakes. Lattibeaudierre having a tough time at the moment.

The plan though with team selection is that we challenge the players at a higher level than they , mostly have been used to, and I think it shows. Liverpool I believe on average were about 2 years older than us.Their 2 centre backs were very big and Grujic in center mid is massive. It's a big test and we will see how they handle it after no wins in the first 4 games.
I remember reading somewhere that they are changing the mentality about the academy, they no longer feel it's useful for our youth to be at the top of their respective leagues because it means they aren't being tested, because winning doesn't really matter at this level, instead improving against tougher opposition matters more.

I think the fact that 16 year old Taylor Richards is there shows how far they are going with this, I think he went from u16 to EDS and skipped u18 entirely.

I remember reading somewhere that they are changing the mentality about the academy, they no longer feel it's useful for our youth to be at the top of their respective leagues because it means they aren't being tested, because winning doesn't really matter at this level, instead improving against tougher opposition matters more.

I think the fact that 16 year old Taylor Richards is there shows how far they are going with this, I think he went from u16 to EDS and skipped u18 entirely.

Yes that's the approach through Jason Wilcox. Taylor Richards did play a bit of 18's last season and looked very good. Didnt really look out of place in his sub appearance today either.

One thing worth mentioning about the EDS's results this season, which while early have them sitting in relegation place, is that there are so many new players in the squad, alot of the players haven't played together, so I imagine it will take time. Also, they are playing up, when watching highlights of this game the most immediate thing that stood out was how small our players looked in general to Liverpool.

Just trying to put out that it's not so bad for the EDS this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.