EDS v Shrewsbury (Checkatrade Trophy)

Our average age was under 18 and inevitably it showed with the physical aspects of the game and winning headers. ( that's how they scored their goal.) Also not helped by the ref who didn't give us plenty we deserved. But the lads stuck at it well and fully deserved the equaliser. Great driving run by the full back and a good pass to him on the run.

I was encouraged by some of the performances. Bernabe, Gomes probably most but others put a good shift in. I hope the injury to Tyreke Wilsom isn't too bad.

Good to hear and it's nice to know that two new signings stood out. I'm always sceptical about youth players coming in from abroad (IMO we've had a lot of average youngsters that have been no better than what we already have), but it sounds like they could be the real deal.

They've still got a couple of fixtures and hopefully this will give them some great experience going into those games.

Was the Shrewsbury team quite experienced? Or did they play their reserves?

Last edited:
Given the squad numbers given in post #4 I'd say a mix leaning quite heavily towards their 1st team.

Edit: or not...

According to this (mini) report, Town made 8 changes from their starting 11 from the previous loss to Luton.

https://www.shrewsburytown.com/news/2018/august/report-shrewsbury-town-v-manchester-city-under-21s/

I heard that they started with 4 or 5 of their "first team". Made 3 subs ( which when announced were sponsored!) and they might have been first teamers too. These games can only be good experience for our boys

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.