EDS vs Brighton

Pretty underwhelming, sub-par performance tonight.

Weather was atrocious at times but we didn't see the best of McAtee, Bobb, Hamilton, etc, by a long shot.

Been mentioned by others in the past but I don't know if Mbete's distribution is good enough. Gave it away too much trying to break lines.

O'Reilly and Lavia the only bright spots in my opinion.
Seriously under strength and inexperienced tbh, a lot of those lads tonight are under 17s and u18s. No Burns, Egan-Riley, Palmer, Delap, Edozie. No sign at all of Borges or Braaf ever coming back.
But true it was a poor performance in a disappointing week

No surprise they scored... very poor performance second half. McAtee looked disinterested.. total lack of intensity by so many City players.

Disappointing and avoidable to concede so late. Van Sas had impressed me with his footwork until then - was he trying an Ederson type ball for a runner and mis-hit it?

Brugge up next on Wednesday - the schedule seems pretty relentless at this level too. Maybe us playing younger players is a factor when games come so quickly?

Last edited:
Controlled it well in the first half. The lot of them looked lacklustre in the second half. McAtee also seemed unperturbed like someone else alluded to. Nonetheless, O’reilly and Lavia did well. Mbete gave the ball away on a few occasions just as he did against Rotherham. His ball distribution from defence isn’t the best at the moment. Hopefully, that improves.

They still could’ve finished with a win but totally unwarranted clearance by the keeper close to the end of the game. No need for it.

McAtee looked like he didn’t want to be there. He did run his arse off on Tuesday though so it could have been fatigue.

A sharp lesson for these lads, 20+ passes in/near the opponents area without a goal attempt and the ball ending back on the edge of our own box is not the way to retain a 1-0 lead at this level. Trying to play exhibition football in the second half as if they were 3/4 goals up, a major underachievement.

Great start,and then we sat on that lead and completely dominated while never really getting out of second gear,which was the main problem......we were far too relaxed in our approach,and we lacked the killer instinct (again)

No one had an exemplary game,but Lavia looks head and shoulders ahead of others in terms of his strength and his know how - the kid needs a better standard of football.

McAtee probably had his most ineffective game for some time,he really did look like someone who was having their 'Friday night on the play station' spoilt.

Hopefully just fatigue or a very rare off night,although i cant help think his lack of deserved recognition and award for his progress will be mithering him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.