Championship Thread 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Preston is always a good away day, stewards/police etc are really good. Downside is every time I go we get beat :)

Unfortunately gate receipts matter to the clubs lower down the leagues which is why it costs what it does in the conference etc.

Prior to COVID you would pay more in the Championship at some away grounds (sorry to say including ours) than you would in the PL due to the £30 cap.

Last time I went to Blackburn in Nov 2019 my ticket was £40! 2 weeks earlier they had played Huddersfield Town at home and they were charged around £25
Yep ridiculous that the cap or an even lower maximum didn’t apply further down.
We had that in the past where the likes of Wigan and Birmingham fleeced us on the price because they knew were bringing loads regardless

They might just have been really poor today as a one-off.

I still reckon the worst I’ve ever seen City play was the 0-4 home defeat to Wimbledon, it was the most pathetic and abject performance I’ve seen from us… yet we still got promoted that season.
Didnt Neil Shipperley score a hat trick that day?

The Forest player tried to be clever, drinking the penalty straight down the middle of the goal. Problem was, the Blades keeper never dived, and it ended up like a back pass to the keeper. It was an iffy decision, anyway.

See Peterborough conceded 2 in the 1st 7 minutes v Huddersfield. Like lots of teams, put in their FA Cup final type of performance v Us and have nothing left in the tank for their next game

See Peterborough conceded 2 in the 1st 7 minutes v Huddersfield. Like lots of teams, put in their FA Cup final type of performance v Us and have nothing left in the tank for their next game
Happens in the Premier League too. The downside of being the benchmark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.