EFL Cup Final | Tottenham | Sun 25 Apr 4:30pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've no idea why it still exists to be honest, especially with the complaints about fixture congestion, but it'll be a while before anyone has the guts to get shut of it

We're now the only league that has the 3rd domestic competition. I think the French got rid of their league cup for this season but all others abolished theirs a while back where one existed.

The FA Cup, for me is the trophy I most want to win behind the league. If City won the FA Cup and nothing else, I'd still be over the moon. As a kid it was just a magical day watching the FA Cup final, with all the history and build up. I loved it and still do. It was gutting to go out on Saturday in such tame fashion. We still haven't won it enough for my liking, and whilst I get that Pep wants to win them all, the league cup does get in the way and more so this season with is being on Sunday rather than back in Feb. I think if we'd had tied up the league cup, we'd have gone stronger in the FA Cup semi and looked to rest players this weekend ready for the CL. It has been a pain for that in hindsight.

Now we're out of the FA Cup as it's still a final and a major competition I want us to win it. We owe Spurs for 81 and I hope we can win it again. It would be a huge boost ahead of the CL and give the squad a lift and confidence, plus desire, to go and win more silverware.

But they should get rid of it moving forwards. I don't think you'd have clubs making so many changes for the FA Cup and therefore devaluing it, if the league cup was abolished.

Why be so nasty? We were part of a group that would have destroyed the football we love. We as fans had every right to be annoyed, for my part I still feel detached from my club. Yes I will support them on Sunday but your cheap jibe is wrong
Wasn’t aimed at you specifically and I apologise if you took offence. I’m just amazed by the hugely emotional reaction - threatening to abandon the life long love for City that we all have - to a very vague press statement with hardly any meat on the bone. What I presume are dour middle aged northerners, like myself, reacting like 12 year old Take That fans when Robbie announced he was leaving is fairly ridiculous - at least those little girls knew he was definitely leaving - City were never going to leave anything.

Sir - we would have snapped someone's hand off to be anywhere near a final between 1976 and 2011 (I'm kind of ignoring the Full Members Cup and the Playoff as I don't feel they qualify as Cup finals - it's exclusively Fa Cup and LC)
It's a trophy and should be treated as such
totally agree im nearly 60 and need to pinch myself to believe how far we have come. All trophies are important teams that call these competitions rarely win them.

Anyone else watching it in Osheas?

i’ve got a table for 6 booked but mailed them about making sure it’s near the screen but heard nothing back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.