EFL Cup final venue

whatever the feelings of the local residents are is not my point, my point is the RFU would not entertain football even a one off match within that stadium and it would be the same opinion from the RFU if the stadium was situated on the moors of Dartmoor with no locals
You'd be surprised mate. If the locals are causing murder the council won't sanction events, otherwise I'm sure the RFU would be quite happy to redirect some cash from Football into their game. They won't sanction football matches there as they have a limit for events every year and rugby are first priority followed by keeping their share of the concert market.

I don't want to sound arrogant, but barring some sort of complete melt down, I expect City to beat Burton over two legs and progress to the final.

Seeing as Spurs are in the driving seat in the other semi. If they were to prevail and progress to the final also, should the final be played at Wembley? which basically is their home and has been for 2 seasons. Should the game be switched to a "neutral" ground for example Twickenham? (holds approx 80,000). Emirates would be unfair on them as much as playing the game at the swamp would be for us

What are your thoughts?
Well going by the 15WUM were getting beat tonight & maybe the replay as well.
So i cant comment on this thread...

I'd give them more of a chance if away goals counted at 90 minutes instead of 120.

No away goals rule at all this year. No extra time either:

“In the Semi-Final ties, if the aggregate score is level at the end of the second game no extra time shall be played and the tie shall be decided by the taking of kicks from the penalty mark in accordance with procedures as approved by IFAB.”

No away goals rule at all this year. No extra time either:

“In the Semi-Final ties, if the aggregate score is level at the end of the second game no extra time shall be played and the tie shall be decided by the taking of kicks from the penalty mark in accordance with procedures as approved by IFAB.”
Definitely fancy Chelsea then, could see Spurs bottling the shootout. Thank fuck they've gotten rid of that mental away goal rule.

Definitely fancy Chelsea then, could see Spurs bottling the shootout. Thank fuck they've gotten rid of that mental away goal rule.

It's a silly rule in a domestic cup, I agree. For European football, I'm not so sure. It was a product of a time when clubs would go and put 10 men behind the ball for a 0-0 away from home, and I'm not sure that applies any more. But it could perhaps be argued that the reason is doesn't apply is because of the away goal rule. Guess it would have to be tried to see.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.