EFL Cup final venue

The Australian Rules Grand Final is played st the same stadium every year, the Melbourne Cricket Ground, because it is the biggest stadium and holds about 110,000. It is also the home ground of two teams who have played in the final in the last two years. I personally think it gives them an unfair advantage but, like the Premier League, it's all about the money so the other teams just have to put up with it. Fortunately my team, from Perth, won this year, very much against the odds. It was just that little bit more satisfying that it was at "their place"!

I can't wait to find out the Cup Final KO time ! I bet it's 4.30pm again and then a midnight return to home for most Blues and sadly an early start for work on Monday morning ! At least there's plenty of time for pre match beer but at my age that catches up with you later ! Ha ha

We seem to do alright against Spurs in our last two visits, we wiped the floor with them in April and we survived a horror pitch in October. Should be even better with 30,000 blues in there to give it to them rather than the standard away following. Should be a cracking atmosphere if both Spurs and us get through. Going to be a nervy second leg against Burton but at least we are going there with something to defend.

The Australian Rules Grand Final is played st the same stadium every year, the Melbourne Cricket Ground, because it is the biggest stadium and holds about 110,000. It is also the home ground of two teams who have played in the final in the last two years. I personally think it gives them an unfair advantage but, like the Premier League, it's all about the money so the other teams just have to put up with it. Fortunately my team, from Perth, won this year, very much against the odds. It was just that little bit more satisfying that it was at "their place"!

Same as holding cricket finals at Lords gives Middlesex an advantage. C'est la vie.

Does anyone know if the League cup final made it onto general sale last time. I've got the points allocation to go but a mate who doesn't would like to come and don't want to tell him to book hotels etc if he can't get a ticket.

Have a feeling we may struggle to sell out this game this time round going by the people I know who usually go but are not this time around, I know this may not be indicative of blues as a whole but just using it as a gauge of interest... We will see...

Have a feeling we may struggle to sell out this game this time round going by the people I know who usually go but are not this time around, I know this may not be indicative of blues as a whole but just using it as a gauge of interest... We will see...

That would be a travesty.
After the shit we went through for 40 years not being able to sell out for a cup final at Wembley with a 30,000 allocation would not be good!

After the shit we went through for 40 years not being able to sell out for a cup final at Wembley with a 30,000 allocation would not be good!
Went to Sunderland/Liverpool finals but won't be going to this year. Worked out this year would cost me around £180-£200 for the day and it's something I just can't afford at the moment

Not really a travesty, but reality for some, my wages haven't gone uo for 4 years but my cost of living has hitting my monthly costs, January is particulary a bad month, I pre booked my travel down alredy and got rtn train tickets for £46, the same travel is no £108 add to that ticket price plus otger costs and for some it is no longer a priority.

I know 2 people recenlty retired who now on their pension are giving it a miss because of travel costs and a few others who have been made redundent also not prioritising this or any away game, they all went last year

If these people step out and others don't fill the void, then that's life, no shame in that.

The team we will be facing fans only have to hop on a tube mainly.

I always personally found it more disgraceful the people who fill wembley when their team get's there, but cannot be arsed going to a home game during the season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.