EFL Cup final venue

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Graceyboy, 9 Jan 2019.

1. AUSSIE RED

AUSSIE RED

Team supported:
    LIVERPOOL
    The Australian Rules Grand Final is played st the same stadium every year, the Melbourne Cricket Ground, because it is the biggest stadium and holds about 110,000. It is also the home ground of two teams who have played in the final in the last two years. I personally think it gives them an unfair advantage but, like the Premier League, it's all about the money so the other teams just have to put up with it. Fortunately my team, from Perth, won this year, very much against the odds. It was just that little bit more satisfying that it was at "their place"!

2. Mike S

Mike S

I can't wait to find out the Cup Final KO time ! I bet it's 4.30pm again and then a midnight return to home for most Blues and sadly an early start for work on Monday morning ! At least there's plenty of time for pre match beer but at my age that catches up with you later ! Ha ha

3. We seem to do alright against Spurs in our last two visits, we wiped the floor with them in April and we survived a horror pitch in October. Should be even better with 30,000 blues in there to give it to them rather than the standard away following. Should be a cracking atmosphere if both Spurs and us get through. Going to be a nervy second leg against Burton but at least we are going there with something to defend.

4. Henkeman

Henkeman

Same as holding cricket finals at Lords gives Middlesex an advantage. C'est la vie.

AUSSIE RED likes this.
  5. Sleeping_Easy

Sleeping_Easy

I think i'd delete my account if we didn't make the final

6. Jesus2018

Jesus2018

Burton are far too respectful to score 10. They'd ease off at about 5 I'm sure.