EFL Cup final

Holders yes but that doesn't make it "ours".

We could have successfully defended it as well.

We're so full of ourselves these days aren't we?

We've won 14 major trophies in 123 years and never defended one.

That's shite. Yet suddenly we're Real Madrid and the LC is beneath us.

Shakes head.

We could have successfully defended it as well.

We're so full of ourselves these days aren't we?

We've won 14 major trophies in 123 years and never defended one.

That's shite. Yet suddenly we're Real Madrid and the LC is beneath us.

Shakes head.

Shake away.

And all achieved against a backdrop of UEFA and the FA doing everything in their power to fuck us over.

Yeah. I don't think we suffered as much in the early years although breaking into the cartel in the CL has been a challenge. I think we are slowly getting somewhere in that though now and that's why so much emphasis is being put on it.

I get as pissed off as anyone at times with our "typical city" moments but I think we have done remarkably well considering where we were in 2008 at Xmas with Hughes as boss.

United are very clever with what they target. They haven't taken this trophy seriously for many years becomes Pisscan knew it got in the way of the more important stuff. He only took it seriously against us to stop us in our tracks....However for them, this season, it soon became a trophy they could win, very much like the FA Cup last year. They know that keeping their hordes onside is very important to them and these trophies will do just that. Takes the pressure off them a bit. They could conceivably win more this season as I don't see a lot of threat in the Europa league and the FA Cup is anyone's this season although they for once do have a tough draw.

We could end up with less this season but the future is still far brighter with the likes of Sane/Jesus and Sterling to get better and better whilst they are still relying on Carrick and Big nose who is 36 next birthday to carry them through. It's bits and pieces for them currently whilst for us there is a plan in place and it's coming to fruition.

Well they have won it so,that's that we can argue all we want about offside goals,sending offs,poor decisions it's too late now,but sometimes small things can lead to bigger things and although we don't know what the outcome would have been,we should have put a stronger team out in the league cup game against the fuckers,and hopefully knocked them out and this situation would never have happened in a sense we have aided their win although it was only one game they still had to get past other teams as well.if we end the season empty handed and the rags just with league cup then it's been a success for them and a failure for us,at the end of the day it's about trophies and success..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.