EFL Cup Games 12/13 January 22

Hardly ever remember games getting stopped for things happening in the crowd like this but seems to happen really regularly these days.
We live in a world of health and safety (also where litigation is always around the corner if due care and attention to your customers isn't applied).

Back when I was a kid and went to football, nobody gave a sh1t, plus tickets were £3.75 and a pie and a pint still left change out of a fiver.

Times have changed.

(I'm not saying they shouldn't help someone in distress by-the-way).

Hardly ever remember games getting stopped for things happening in the crowd like this but seems to happen really regularly these days.
Guy near us had a heart attack in 82(?) away at Blackpool in the fa cup… we were bad but not that bad I thought, had to be lifted over the fence by fans as it was that cramped.

have there always been this many heart attacks at footy games?

its not even an exciting game
We played Bury at Gigg Lane on a Friday night in the third tier (I think Uve came in second half) in the 90’s. Just before KO a Blue in front of us collapsed, the medics worked on him trying to resuscitate without success, meanwhile City fans in the stand were singing the “City til I die” song unaware what was going on.

I found out later, unsurprisingly the guy had passed away, think he lived Burnage/Longsight way, very sad to witness.

This has got to stop, yes I feel for the person and hope they're ok but this has been going on in crowds since I've been watching footy (1976) it's getting to the stage where there will be a stoppage every other minute.

This has got to stop, yes I feel for the person and hope they're ok but this has been going on in crowds since I've been watching footy (1976) it's getting to the stage where there will be a stoppage every other minute.
Doubt 45 will get Ill mate ……..

……or 60 If rags are getting beat at home

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.