Eight Points Clear

Eds

Interesting to note that in all the excitement of the weekend that I haven't seen anywhere (apologies if I have missed it) that United threw away an eight point lead with just six games to go, the biggest fuck up of all time at that stage of a season. Everyone bleated on about how experienced the rags are and how that will help them, even though most of them had no experience but why let the facts get in the way of a good headine.

Eds said:
Interesting to note that in all the excitement of the weekend that I haven't seen anywhere (apologies if I have missed it) that United threw away an eight point lead with just six games to go, the biggest fuck up of all time at that stage of a season. Everyone bleated on about how experienced the rags are and how that will help them, even though most of them had no experience but why let the facts get in the way of a good headine.

Who cares?
We just won the league

Cliches trotted out by Slur Alex on a regular basis...

United always finish strong.
United never know when they are beaten
United like to do things the hard way

Step aside bacon chops, we'll take it from here thanks

SteWadda said:
Eds said:

Who cares?
We just won the league

I care. Because once the euphoria of winning has died down I want a load of great articles slamming Slur and the Shite to pass the time before next season starts. I also want the press at large to acknowledge something they would have nailed us to the fucking wall for had we done the same thing.

The whole Rags never chocking everyone else bottling it thing is something that happens as much because the media press the point constantly as it is anything to do with the football. We experienced it ourselves. Starts getting to crunch time and all you hear is the same old shit, backing United and slaying their opponents. Well not this fucking time. This time they bottled it, and they bottled it bigger than anyone ever has done before them. Frankly that deserves a bit of coverage, and we need to start getting an advantage like that on OUR side. At the end of next season I want everyone to be questioning United, not us. Pressure on THEM to bottle it because they've shown they do it better than anyone, and that we can come from behind and win even scoring 2 goals in stoppage time in the highest pressure match of the season. United have scored so many late goals because teams EXPECT the onslaught, they sit back and they take it. Why? Because that's what we're always told they do. Well, we do that too. And I want a bit of fucking recognition and the advantages that come of it.

Said this earlier: http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=230734&p=5579036#p5579036

But if we'd been more clinical in that run of 10 aways games where we only picked up 9 points and picked up the 18 we should have done as a top club then we'd have won it at the derby. How sweet would that have been.

Or if their away form had been as poor as it was the season before, we'd have won it at a canter. They hugely inproved away from home this season and STILL weren't good enough to beat us. We picked up an additional 18 points over the previous season but despite great away from, they only picked up 9.

Plus the myth that they always do better in the second half was blown again. Whenever they've picked up 42 points or more in the first 19 games, they've always done worse in the last 19.

One thing that I do remember was that all season long they were playing teams at exactly the right time, when someone was injured, when someone was on a bad run of form, at least it felt that way.

My Mrs (a united fan) said ages ago that they (united) would bottle it and predicted they'd drop points at Wigan, Everton and us.

She insisted they had nothing like the mentality of previous squads to see this one through despite much 'talk', infact, she pointed out that out of us and them she saw more similarities with our team and the previous title winning sides than their current team when it came down to bottle and mentality, looks like she was right, for once ;-).

I can recall a couple of mentions of it, but nowhere near as many as it would have been had we thrown that kind of lead away. But as has already been said, although I care I do not care enough for it to spoil the big grin on my face every time I think of, see, here a mention of etc. the superb Aguero goal. Champions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.