El Camino - A Breaking Bad film

It was alright, nothing spectacular and very predictable. It’s pretty much exactly how you’d expect it to go. Just like Better Call Saul it relies on snippets of old BB characters. BCS drives me insane, it should be so much better but the fact he’s still Jimmy McGill is a nonsense. The only two things that have kept me watching it is hoping to see Walt and Kim who is a magnificent character and actor. She’s by far the best thing to happen to the show.

I thought the scene near to the end with Bryan Cranston was superfluous and looked to me purely like fan service, don't get me wrong, it was good to see him back but the film would not have suffered if Walt had not made an appearance. I agree with Jesse Plemmons being podgy but people change and (as with better call saul) there is an expectation for you to suspend your disbelief as actors appearances are noticeably different, ie Mike looking older even though it's set earlier and Huell being thinner than he was in BrBa.

All in all it was a good 2 hour watch and wrapped things up but I doubt I'll watch it ever again (unlike numerous BrBa episodes), and, as an aside, vacuum cleaner guy (didn't we find out his name as well) once again stole the scene, RIP Robert Forster.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.