Elbow (band)

The drummer is a converted City fan, the others either aren't that bothered or don't support City. It was in the magazine when they did an interview with Richard Jupp (the drummer).

The band have said on a number of occasions that "none of us are into football". So it's clearly bollocks.

They're all from Bury and most have moved back there. Guy (singer) moved out of the city centre to somewhere near Heaton park. The only exception is Pete the bassist who lives up the road from me in Chorlton.

In terms of musicians who support city I think we're struggling. The gallaghers turn up to wembley and fulham away, badly drawn boy doesn't turn up, jimi Goodwin (doves) cracks on as a city fan but near block 120 there's a poster suing his first game was the mid 90s. Brought up a rag and converted. I don't know about kid British, but he could sit next to me at the ground and I wouldn't know who he was. Any others?

Let's hope my band does well and i'll fly the flag for city fans in bands 8)

LeeOnePen said:
The band have said on a number of occasions that "none of us are into football". So it's clearly bollocks.

They're all from Bury and most have moved back there. Guy (singer) moved out of the city centre to somewhere near Heaton park. The only exception is Pete the bassist who lives up the road from me in Chorlton.

In terms of musicians who support city I think we're struggling. The gallaghers turn up to wembley and fulham away, badly drawn boy doesn't turn up, jimi Goodwin (doves) cracks on as a city fan but near block 120 there's a poster suing his first game was the mid 90s. Brought up a rag and converted. I don't know about kid British, but he could sit next to me at the ground and I wouldn't know who he was. Any others?

Struggling?

Mike Joyce
Johnny Marr (legend)
Mike Pickering

There are others but I can't remember off the top of my head.

Kevin Kennedy was a musician too ;)

Ben-MCFC said:
The drummer is a converted City fan, the others either aren't that bothered or don't support City. It was in the magazine when they did an interview with Richard Jupp (the drummer).

Yeah I read that interview as well, David Clayton commented several times in the article that their single was 'Neat little Rose' its actually 'Neat Little Rows' Least his citytv interviews are improving though.

Manc in London said:
LeeOnePen said:

Struggling?

Mike Joyce
Johnny Marr (legend)
Mike Pickering

There are others but I can't remember off the top of my head.

Kevin Kennedy was a musician too ;)
Roy Harper.

Jim Noir is hardly a superstar. Im getting old now but wasnt his highlight getting eanie meanie used on that adidas advert?
Marr has moved to Oregon, and as for Mike Pickering, he looked like Noel's dad on Blue Moon rising.

I'm not saying there aren't musicians past/present who are fans, but is there anyone still putting music out and still going to games?

LeeOnePen said:
Jim Noir is hardly a superstar. Im getting old now but wasnt his highlight getting eanie meanie used on that adidas advert?
Marr has moved to Oregon, and as for Mike Pickering, he looked like Noel's dad on Blue Moon rising.

I'm not saying there aren't musicians past/present who are fans, but is there anyone still putting music out and still going to games?
I know what you mean. But it isn't like there's a lot of superstars out there to begin with,

LeeOnePen said:

That can be said for about every football club. Believe it or not being a musician is still a job. For instance Noel Gallagher, who you slated, was mixing and writing/recording his album in LA from fall 2010 til June this year. Hardly going to be making flights back and forth for matches.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.