Elbow (band)

Stands to reason - they're brilliant.

And I'm sure the Sun "journalist" was probably just reflecting his in-depth knowledge and research, during which he discovered the following sleeve notes (if they existed):

"Asleep in the Back" dedicated to Richard Dunne (occasionally)

"Cast of Thousands" dedicated to those responsible for almost destroying MCFC from the early 70's onwards

"Leaders of the Free World" dedicated to the Forward with Frannie campaign

"The Seldom Seen Kid" dedicated to Berti

"Build a Rocket Boys" to our wonderful owners!

1961_vintage said:
Stands to reason - they're brilliant.

And I'm sure the Sun "journalist" was probably just reflecting his in-depth knowledge and research, during which he discovered the following sleeve notes (if they existed):

"Asleep in the Back" dedicated to Richard Dunne (occasionally)

"Cast of Thousands" dedicated to those responsible for almost destroying MCFC from the early 70's onwards

"Leaders of the Free World" dedicated to the Forward with Frannie campaign

"The Seldom Seen Kid" dedicated to Berti

"Build a Rocket Boys" to our wonderful owners!
Close but 'Build A Rocket Boys' original title had (And Stick It Up Jo's Arse) on the end.

And there's 'One Day Like This' written about the FA Cup win.
'Open Arms' commemorates John Burridge
'little beast' for Nigel de Jong
'Slow Ahead' about Gareth Barry
and the self-explanatory 'Powder Blue'.

acquiesce said:
LeeOnePen said:
Jim Noir is hardly a superstar. Im getting old now but wasnt his highlight getting eanie meanie used on that adidas advert?
Marr has moved to Oregon, and as for Mike Pickering, he looked like Noel's dad on Blue Moon rising.

I'm not saying there aren't musicians past/present who are fans, but is there anyone still putting music out and still going to games?

That can be said for about every football club. Believe it or not being a musician is still a job. For instance Noel Gallagher, who you slated, was mixing and writing/recording his album in LA from fall 2010 til June this year. Hardly going to be making flights back and forth for matches.

I think "slated" is a bit harsh, I implied he rarely makes it to games, and I do accept that making/touring music takes time, but it's about how much you want to be there. I've friends who live in London and who fly all over the world for work, often for weeks on end, but they maintain their season ticket and make it to about half the home games. I think my original point has become distorted, I'm not having a go at anyone, just saying that it would be a fallacy to claim anyone "current" musician is a big city fan.

All of Doves are Blues, aren't they?

Not keen on people who just sit on the fence when it comes to football.

Not sure who the lead singer is but all my red mates were posting on facebook that he was belting out red songs for hours with them in the nags in town on after they won the league...so he aint a blue or he would have been celebrating winning the cup

He's called Guy Garvey. Not sure how many Blokes from Bury are called Guy - but he's emotional, bearded, left wing and likes a drink.

Elbow have never done anything for me. It's a shit name for a band, too. Why didn't they call themselves Knee?

peoffrey said:
He's called Guy Garvey. Not sure how many Blokes from Bury are called Guy - but he's emotional, bearded, left wing and likes a drink.

Elbow have never done anything for me. It's a shit name for a band, too. Why didn't they call themselves Knee?
Without an elbow they'd be armless?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.