Electric bikes

blue12

Anybody got one ? Are they worth the extra money or pointless ?
Struggle to get up hills nowadays because of my back and knees (getting old) and have had to sell my bike. Thought an electric bile may help as I want to still be able to cycle.

Electronic scooters are now legal as long as they're rented rather than owned.

If letting these on the roads they should be owned only with a motorbike type test & insurance not some dick paying £10 to cause chaos on the roads, there's enough already doing that.

Edit* read the thread title & OP properly!!!

Last edited:
Struggle to get up hills nowadays because of my back and knees (getting old) and have had to sell my bike. Thought an electric bile may help as I want to still be able to cycle.
Go for it. Anything that gets you out on a bike again.

The beauty of electric bikes is you can put in as much effort as you like, so you can still get a decent amount of exercise. You can get pretty sporty (drop bar road racing) e-bikes, but with your back and knees you might want to look for something a little more 'comfortable'.

Out walking the other day and a friend of a friend pulled up with two mates, all keen cyclists and all three had electric bikes.
Had a chat and they love them and they range so much further than they used to because of the assistance.
Asked how much they cost, two paid 7K and one 5K so not in the lower end but they felt it was worth it.

I don't why but every time I see someone on one they look like the Goodies on that bike they used to all be on.

I've got one, it's great, dead easy to ride, but no good for actual exercise.
Its pedal assist, a charge lasts ages, good for commuting to work.

but with your back and knees you might want to look for something a little more 'comfortable'.

recumbent-22516893_l-1024x683.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.