Electric cars

Sorry, but i didn't pick up on tour point pal. I get what you mean now.

Oddly enough I am against electric cars because despite the fact that since March 2020 my driving has more or less fitted in with their use I don't think they are fit for purpose. I am going 320 miles in a couple of weeks ( same for the return run ) and it just wouldn't work for that. The whole set up is there for splashing fuel down the hole and setting off - until electric can do that people can't rely on EV's. Personally I think hydrogen cell cars are a better bet looking at it for now - its like prohibition in the States ..... banning the sale of alcohol was not the answer - likewise banning the sale of new petrol and diesel cars probably isn't either - if anything it will increase the value of old bangers the nearer the cut off date we get. People will have a petrol car for long journeys and an EV to nip about in. However keeping the petrol ( or diesel ) car in working order will mean they need to use it every other day or so to stop the battery going flat. It needs proper planning which as we can see is not the forte' of the govt

Oddly enough I am against electric cars because despite the fact that since March 2020 my driving has more or less fitted in with their use I don't think they are fit for purpose. I am going 320 miles in a couple of weeks ( same for the return run ) and it just wouldn't work for that. The whole set up is there for splashing fuel down the hole and setting off - until electric can do that people can't rely on EV's. Personally I think hydrogen cell cars are a better bet looking at it for now - its like prohibition in the States ..... banning the sale of alcohol was not the answer - likewise banning the sale of new petrol and diesel cars probably isn't either - if anything it will increase the value of old bangers the nearer the cut off date we get. People will have a petrol car for long journeys and an EV to nip about in. However keeping the petrol ( or diesel ) car in working order will mean they need to use it every other day or so to stop the battery going flat. It needs proper planning which as we can see is not the forte' of the govt
I understand you in you needing to do a 640 round trip journey without having the time to recharge an EV, i wouldn't have considered an EV either when i was travelling the country in my line of work, but I'm bot doing silly mileage journeys nowadays.

I think that Li-ion/Lithium batteries are advancing at such a rate that mileage range will increase and vehicle cost will reduce enough for many drivers(owners) to take the leap from petrol/diesel vehicles to all battery, and perhaps to hydrogen in future. From a personal perspective i cannot see the point in buying an hybrid vehicle right now, especially when they'll eventually be fazed out in a few years.

As for hydrogen powered cars, didn't some boffin invent that donkeys years ago but was paid off by one of the big oil companies to keep quiet about it ?

EVs are great for urban driving.

Why wouldn’t an electric car do a 320 mile trip? I mean never in my life have I driven 320 miles without wanting to stop, have a pee, grab something to drink and eat. The worst case scenario is you stopping for 30 mins to charge when you might have only wanted to stop for 15 mins. Is it really the end of the world?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.