Electric cars

kinkyblue

I’m due a new car at the end of January and think I’ve finally got my head around getting an electric one ( will be through my company) any body have one and what are the pro’s and cons?

I’m due a new car at the end of January and think I’ve finally got my head around getting an electric one ( will be through my company) any body have one and what are the pro’s and cons?
I drove a Nissan Leaf for a good while. Brilliant acceleration (no gears, just hit drive) and super quiet.
The main downside is the limited range (250km), and the wipers, sound system, AC, etc, all eat up battery power, meaning you get less than the quoted range.
The non-unified charging points can also be a pain - we had about 5 charging cards for different companies

I drove a Nissan Leaf for a good while. Brilliant acceleration (no gears, just hit drive) and super quiet.
The main downside is the limited range (250km), and the wipers, sound system, AC, etc, all eat up battery power, meaning you get less than the quoted range.
The non-unified charging points can also be a pain - we had about 5 charging cards for different companies

So you can’t just use a debit/credit card in a charger?

Theres a review on youtube which pitted 5 or 6 against each other. All of them finished with the driver sweating to find a charging station!
The owner of the company I work for has a Tesla
He drove from Glasgow to Birmingham with his charging points/coffee stops worked out, but at the final one all the charging points were out of order so he had to carry on his journey while ringing people to search for the nearest charging areas for him
As the battery life decreased the car then started shutting down to save energy. First the radio then air con, then his lights!
He eventually made it to the services on the m42 with about 4% battery life and brown skid marks in his underpants

The owner of the company I work for has a Tesla
He drove from Glasgow to Birmingham with his charging points/coffee stops worked out, but at the final one all the charging points were out of order so he had to carry on his journey while ringing people to search for the nearest charging areas for him
As the battery life decreased the car then started shutting down to save energy. First the radio then air con, then his lights!
He eventually made it to the services on the m42 with about 4% battery life and brown skid marks in his underpants

That’s my worry!!

My missus is in a similar situation. Decided to go for a Passat estate that is a self charging hybrid, as a compromise and avoid the charging worries.

My missus is in a similar situation. Decided to go for a Passat estate that is a self charging hybrid, as a compromise and avoid the charging worries.
Does it work?
What's the MPG like?

A few years ago a lad I worked with took a Lexus CT as a company car purely because the tax was so low
Even though he did quite a few motorway miles and it was a 2ltr petrol hybrid, he was still getting close to 80MPG

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.