Electric cars

Hydrogen is surely the elephant in the room if they can make it work in ambient temperatures like ours and it’s cost effective...
I only mentioned due to the recent story of it being used in Lorries in the US and a guy I know who's really into this cars touched upon the subject.

Absolutely not... if they are over the £40k threshold

I think that's old info mate. Pretty sure all electric cars are now exempt. My car which was over £40k certainly doesn't need road tax this year unless the supplier has paid for it.

Hydrogen cars at present are far too expensive to mass produce. Until someone figures out how to utilise the fuel and make it cost effective, electric will be king in the alternative car world.

Hydrogen has the potential to be one of the cleanest power source for cars though.
This Toyota hydrogen powered car is on its second generation.

The Honda Clarity has been available for over three years too.

BMW will be adding a whopping £10k to the cost of their basic i3 model come Jan 01st next year. It's a great car but how prohibitive is that for families wanting to go electric/green! I've got a family of four and a dog, so even that would be too small, so on the lookout for an estate that could cope with European travels. What am I looking at, £50k? Might as well spend a quarter of that in the 2nd hand market and get a decent petrol model for five years or so. As much as I'd like to 'help the planet', financially it isn't feasible.
The Kia E-Niro is a good shout. It has a good range and is large enough for your family.

Look nice too. Just had a peek.
As another poster suggested, the only stumbling block is the price (if you compare the price to a similar car with an ICU). But if you're set on electric and have the money, that's the car I'd go for.

Tesla will have a car for 25k USD in 3 years. That is cheaper than ICE cars. To compete the other manuafcturers will have to reduce their prices

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.