Electric cars

OK Greta we have dipped toes, but cankle deep for now to test the waters and it's all feeling refreshingly kool. I can't put metal rings through my nose as I am allergic to base metal and the mere thought of drilling big giant holes in my ear flap fills me with dread, so in my own little eco-warrior way this is my one and only chance to give something back to Mother Earth.

We have bought into the dream and shall see how things pan out, but up to press it's going swimmingly well especially as my favorite supermarket next to Aldi Lidl's and Farm-Foods has joined in the fray !

Bless you Tesco Every Little Helps

We are not brave enough for all electric yet as the range isn't there, but the Phev can afford us the best of the holy trinity with petrol hybrid and pure electric. Most of our weekly journeys are under 40 milers so we will run electric through the week and when we venture further afield my co-pilot can always simply .. slip us into hybrid. (I steer and she does the auxiliary stuff as there are too many buttons and dials in these modern cars for olden folk)

For those of you still polluting my ozone with your noxious derv shite I would just like to say .. How Dare You!

Last edited:
Electric cars are hardly environmentally friendly are they.

You'll never claim back the carbon footprint used in their production for one. The land is being raped to produce components for the batteries. Plus the shipping/ flights to get it all to manufacturing.

This is without adding in the rape of the world to produce the electricity needed to charge them up.

They also, being batteries, won't last very long. What happens then? Buy another? What happens to the old one?

Madness. Total madness.

And yet, year on year, more gullible fuckwits join the bandwagon.

If you want to save the planet buy a pushbike, get a job nearer home, don't fly away on holiday and stop making unnecessary trips.

Or keep your car for more than three years. Run it until it drops. Far better for the environment than any battery alternative.

But if you want to pay lip service then hydrogen will probably be the way forward. A water based fuel system, what's not to like?

Or we go back to steam cars. Very popular this time last century.
All very true!

Pushbikes like the idea with carbon friendly wheels and can last you a lifetime and easy to recycle ( boom boom )

Healthy for everyone and will result in fewer deaths on the road.
I bike a lot but getting lumber to my jobs would be a pain in the arse

They also, being batteries, won't last very long. What happens then? Buy another? What happens to the old one?
If you want to save the planet buy a pushbike, get a job nearer home, don't fly away on holiday and stop making unnecessary trips !

Madness. Total madness.

3MSkycx.gif

I bike a lot but getting lumber to my jobs would be a pain in the arse
Can you do most of your work from home?

Looks like the way of the future post covid.

bike travel is much like life itself , you start , you fall off , you learn to get back on , you end up where you started and just the like the bike itself that rustles the dust on the ground and the wind that is you.

Can you do most of your work from home?

Looks like the way of the future post covid.

bike travel is much like life itself , you start , you fall off , you learn to get back on , you end up where you started and just the like the bike itself that rustles the dust on the ground and the wind that is you.
I build custom homes

I love going on the piss during the pandemic and coming home to a nice coal fire.
I miss a coal fire as it was the epicenter of familiar life. Making toast with a prong fork with lashings of best butter on a winters eve was a blessing in disguise. If I had to say one area where humnanity has regressed rather than progressed then this has to be it. I used to watch the steam train bringing our coal up the valley as a kid at 06.15 very morning and rarely missed a days viewing. They don't know there born nowadays : /

You'll never claim back the carbon footprint used in their production for one. The land is being raped to produce components for the batteries. Plus the shipping/ flights to get it all to manufacturing.

This is without adding in the rape of the world to produce the electricity needed to charge them up.

Madness. Total madness.

If you want to save the planet buy a pushbike, get a job nearer home, don't fly away on holiday and stop making unnecessary trips.

Or keep your car for more than three years. Run it until it drops. Far better for the environment than any battery alternative.

But if you want to pay lip service then hydrogen will probably be the way forward. A water based fuel system, what's not to like?

Or we go back to steam cars. Very popular this time last century.
I'd love to live in your world Bob... Everything seems so simple.... Get a job nearer home, cycle everywhere, don't travel.... Have you ever seriously looked into a warts 'n all comparison between an EV and an ICE vehicle?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.